The following is information on the XFINITY XB6 xFi Advanced Gateway Modem. The XB6 is also referred to as either the ARRIS TG3482G (most common) or Technicolor CGM4140COM. Renting either gateway from Comcast is generally a $14 a month extra charge. You can buy your own Comcast modem and save this monthly charge.
Find your Gateway model number on the bottom panel or visit your Internet Service page on My Account.
XB6 ARRIS TG3482G Replacement Power Cord – Amazon
XB6 Technicolor CGM4140COM Replacement Power Cord – Unavailable
XFINITY XB6 xFi Advanced Gateway
The xFi Advanced Gateway offers up to 1 Gigabit speeds, further WiFi coverage. The XB6 also features XFINITY exclusive WiFi management tools, parental tools. xFi Pods can also be used for extended coverage.
Pros Vs Cons Of Renting xFi XB6 Gateway
- By renting the XFINITY XB6 from Comcast, you get free support from them.
- “Free” xFi app provides security, parental controls, and WiFi settings from a smartphone
- Extend WiFi coverage with xFi pods to extend wireless signal higher and further around your property
- Get regular automatic updates to equipment
Buy Your Own Modem and Save Money On Monthly Rental Charges
- You can still purchase your own gateway and save money in the long run
- Some claim rental modems are slower than traditional modems
- From a leased modem, Comcast uses your WiFi and device to deliver XFINITY WiFi Hotspots. This can, however, be turned off with a call to Comcast
- Wireless pods are also offered by many other manufacturers
Learn more about the XB6 on XFINITY.com
Overall, renting a unit for XFINITY services really is not worth it. All of the features described are available with the purchased XFINITY modems and routers.
- Motorola MB8611 XFINITY / COX Gigabit Modem ReviewRecently, the Motorola MB8611 was released from Zoom under the Motorola brand name. It is compatible and approved for use with Comcast XFINITY and Cox. Furthermore, this cable modem will work with Gigabit plans and lower tiers. The MB8611 has an MSRP of $169.99. Jump To: MB8611 Product Features MB8611 Manuals & Guides In-Depth Review…
- ARRIS SURFboard S33 Modem Details & ReviewThe ARRIS SURFboard S33 is a sleeker design than all of the prior SURFboard modems. The S33 is a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem capable of multi-gig speeds up to 3.5 Gbps. This is accomplished by using both of the Ethernet ports, one a 2.5 Gbps port and the other a 1 Gbps port. On This…
- NETGEAR Nighthawk C7100V XFINITY Voice Modem ReviewNETGEAR Nighthawk C7100V Features Optional Battery Backup – Sold separately – 5 to 8 hours of phone service during a power outage. Battery for C7100V on Amazon 24 x 8 Channel Bonding 2 Telephone Jacks AC1900 WiFi Router Built-In 2 USB Ports Beamforming Technology – Reliable WiFi speeds and coverage Netgear Product Description The NETGEAR Nighthawk C7100V is…
- Motorola MT7711 XFINITY Voice WiFi Modem Review The Motorola MT7711 is the newest WiFi cable modem with voice capabilities. It is currently only approved for Comcast Voice customers. The Motorola MT7711 provides for speeds up to 650Mbps. Also, it has a built-in AC1900 WiFi router with Power Boost and AnyBeam beamforming providing a longer range than most modem and router combos….
- ARRIS SURFboard T25 XFINITY Voice Modem The ARRIS SURFboard T25 is exclusively made for XFINITY voice subscribers with any Internet tiers up to 10 Gbps. The T25 is one of the newest Comcast voice modems available to buy and is DOCSIS 3.1 ready. This modem will have to be used with a separate WiFi router. The T25 does not have…