TP-Link wifi extenders are one of the most popular brands on the market. However, if you’re looking to improve your home’s wifi speed, it can be a bit challenging to find the right model for your needs.
That’s why we put together this article. We’ve done our research and compiled a list of the best TP-Link wifi extenders currently on the market.
Keep reading to learn more about why each model made our list and which one is right for you!
- Things To Consider When Buying the Best TP-Link Wifi Extender
- Benefit Of Using the Best TP-Link Wifi Extender
- Top 10 Best TP-Link WiFi Extender
- 1. TP-Link N300 Wireless Portable Nano Travel Router(TL-WR802N)
- 2. tp-link | AC1200 Wifi Extender
- 3. TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Extender (RE300)
- 4. TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Extender(RE315)
- 5. TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (Deco S4)
- 6. Tp-Link Ac1750 Wifi Range Extender
- 7. TP-Link Powerline WiFi Extender
- 8. TP-Link AX1500 WiFi Extender Internet Booster
- 9. TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System(Deco M3)
- 10. Tp-Link Ac2600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender
Things To Consider When Buying the Best TP-Link Wifi Extender
If you are finding the best WiFi extender, then TP-Link WiFi Extender is the best option for you. It helps to improve your internet speed and connect your wifi router with other devices. In this article, we have given some tips to choose the best TP-Link WiFi Extender.
- Device Range – If you want to extend your network connection in a small area, then you can choose a device with less range. While if you want to extend your network in a large area, then you can choose a device with a higher power range.
- Security – Selecting an extender that has security settings is important because it will keep your data safe from hackers and others. So, always look for a device that provides security features like WPA/WPA2 encryption settings, etc. it will protect your data from unwanted access.
- USB Compatibility – Some of the devices provide USB compatibility features also means that they allow you to connect USB devices to it and transfer data between them at a high-speed rate without any interruption or error message like “unable to connect” occurring on the screen.
- Easy Setup – Easy setup is an important feature of any device so always select the device which comes with an easy setup process otherwise it will be difficult for you to set up the device. You can also check the manual book for any specific error or troubleshooting issue.
- Warranty – When you buy any device, a warranty is important because it will protect your device from damage and another issue that occurs while using the product. So, before buying any product check the product which comes with a warranty period of 3 to 5 years because it protects your devices by the manufacturer only.
- Ease of Use – Select the extender which has simple and easy features to use. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to use it. So, always check for any easy setup procedure and only buy a device that comes with easy setup process.
- Price – If you want to buy the best WiFi extender then the price is also a very important thing because not all the wifi extenders are cheap because they provide high-quality performance but most of them are expensive. So, choose the device which has a low price but provides high-quality performance.
- Manufacturer and Brand – There are many manufacturers and brands available in the market so it is better to buy from some reliable and popular brand like TP-Link so that you will get a better product.
- Security Feature – You can also check for security features like WPA/WPA2 encryption settings, etc. because it will protect your data from unwanted access.
Benefit Of Using the Best TP-Link Wifi Extender
TP-link wifi extender is a device that is used to extend the range of your router. It can be wired or wireless. A wired extender uses the Ethernet cable to connect with the router, whereas the wireless one connects to the router via Wifi signal. The benefit of using a TP-Link wifi extender is that it does extend not only the range of your wifi but also improves the speed and performance of your internet connection. Let us have a look at some benefits of using a good quality TP-Link wifi extender:
It Extends The Range Of Your Router:
TP-Link wifi extenders are used to increase the range of your router. If you have a large home or office where you need wifi connection in every corner then you should use a TP-Link wifi extender. It will help you in providing a stable internet connection in every corner of your house or office. You can place it anywhere in between your router and your device so that you could get an uninterrupted internet connection.
It Will Remove Dead Zones:
When you use the TP-Link wifi extender then it will remove all those dead zones where you had no internet connection earlier. As we have discussed earlier the TP-Link repeater increases the range of your network, so it will help you in removing the dead zones by providing strong signals all over your home or office.
It Helps In Boosting The Speed:
The main usage of the TP-Link wifi extender is that it improves the speed of your internet. It does same extra work for you that a good router do for your internet connection. So it increases the download and upload speed of your internet connection anywhere you place the TP-Link wifi extender between your router and device.
It Helps In Improving The Coverage:
The main purpose of the TP-Link wifi extender is to improve the coverage area of your router. It will help you in providing a strong signal throughout your home or office. TP-Link wifi extenders are used to increase the range and coverage of your network. So you can use it in any place to get a good result.
With all these benefits, you will not find it difficult to choose the best TP-Link wifi extender for your home or office network.
Top 10 Best TP-Link WiFi Extender
1. TP-Link N300 Wireless Portable Nano Travel Router(TL-WR802N)
The first TP-Link wireless extender that we are going to review is the TL-WR802N N300. It is a portable, mini Wi-Fi router with one LAN port and one Micro USB Port. It comes with a micro USB cable for power supply which you can use to connect any plugs, power banks or computer systems.
This mini router provides speeds of up to 300Mbps over wireless. It supports AP, Router, Client, Repeater and WISP operation modes. This means the TL-WR802N works perfectly as a wireless router for homes and travel routers for hotel rooms or conference halls.
It has 1 WAN port and 1 LAN port so you can use it as an access point or a repeater depending on your needs. The device also comes with Industry-Leading Support including 3 year warranty and free 24/7 technical support should you need assistance in setting it up or using it properly.
What we liked:
– A pocket-sized Wi-Fi extender
– User Guide and a Quick Setup Guide included in the box
– It supports all popular Wi-Fi security encryption including WPA / WPA2, WEP, and SPI firewall
Its full speed can operate up to 1167Mbps for its 5GHz band, and 300mbps for its 2.4GHz band. You also have an option to enable a guest Wi-Fi network on your TP-Link AC1200. This is useful if you have people who wants to access your internet connection because they don’t want to connect their devices into your Wi-Fi networks since they might be concerned of their privacy or any other reason.
If you are not familiar with the term, AP mode is just a way wherein you can convert your wired network into a wireless network through adding TP-Link AC1200 Wifi Extender in the mix, which is perfect if you have an old modem that lacks wireless capabilities but still has a good speed. It comes with two connectors, one for LAN and another one for WAN so there are no problems with installing it since it doesn’t require complicated steps or additional software in order to work properly.
What we liked:
– It is a Wi-Fi extender that can be used to turn wired networks into wireless hotspots
– It has a dual antenna so you don’t have to worry about poor signals.
– TP-Link offers technical support if you are having difficulties in installing it or configuring it.
3. TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Extender (RE300)
TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Extender (RE300) is best WiFi extender in our list. It features maximum speed up to 1200 Mbps, an easy setup process, and multiple convenient functions to satisfy all your WiFi needs. No matter what kind of WiFi environment you are in, RE300 will help you improve the signal strength of your home network to eliminate dead zones.
Up to 1200Mbps Wi-Fi speeds: Simultaneous dual-band speeds up to 1200Mbps (300Mbps on 2 4GHz; 867Mbps on 5GHz)
Versatile compatibility: Works with any wireless routers/gateways/access points by any internet provider including a/b/g/n standards. Range Up To 1500 sqft and 25 devices
Smart Signal Indicator: Helps find the best location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage by showing the signal strength in the current placement as you move it around
Exernal antennas: Adjustable external antennas provide an enhanced Wi-Fi performance when partnered with high powered amplifiers
Easy setup: Use the web browser-based setup wizard or Tether app for hassle-free installation within minutes; coverage Up To 1 500 Sq ft And Connects Up To 25 Devices at a time
What we liked:
– You can move it around to different locations to assure that all of your devices will be within perfect signal range
– It has a powerful amplifier built inside, so you don’t need any extra amplifiers to provide an excellent coverage. This helps you save money
4. TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Extender(RE315)
If you’re looking for a product that can boost the range of your home WiFi and offers speeds up to 1,200 Mbps, the TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Extender is a strong contender. The AC1200 plug-in extender works with any modem or router — so you don’t have to worry about compatibility issues. Use this device as a standalone product or pair it with an existing WiFi system. The TP-Link AC1200 is equipped with 802.11ac technology, powerful internal antennas and Beamforming technology to provide maximum performance and coverage throughout your home.
The setup process can be completed in one of two ways: using the TP-Link Tether app, available on iOS and Android devices, or by accessing the web management page through your browser. Either way takes just a few minutes, and then you’re all set!
What we liked:
– TP-Link AC1200 can create guest WiFi networks to provide internet access for them
– TP-Link AC1200 has high power external antennas and beamforming technology that provides you with maximum network coverage
– No extra equipment is needed in order to make the TP-Link AC1200 work
5. TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (Deco S4)
The product is quite new in the market but the reception it has received from users makes it one of the best WiFi extender for home. For a start, it is easy to set up and comes with parental controls. With this device you can easily control which devices your children can use to access content on the web.
This also applies to friends and house guests who come along with their devices and want to connect them to your home network. TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (Deco S4) can support up to 100 devices so you will be able to stream, game or chat at the same time without slowing down your network.
It also covers 2,000 Sq Ft so you will not have issues when working from home or even when having fun at home. The product also has a mobile app that allows convenient management of your network thus ensuring that you are always connected wherever you are in your home.
What we liked:
– Many customers find this product to be really easy to install and use
– It comes with parental controls that allow you to restrict children’s access to internet and content on the web
6. Tp-Link Ac1750 Wifi Range Extender
If you have a larger home and want to extend your wireless signal to cover it, this is the extender for you. It’s capable of covering up to 12,000 square feet and can connect with devices up to 300 megabits per second. The extender also has dual band Wireless AC technology, so you can keep any older devices connected while simultaneously connecting new ones.
This TP-Link extender also has two external antennas that help cover a larger area. The setup process is relatively easy thanks to the Smart Signal Indicator lights, which tell you where the best place for placement is. Once it’s set up, you’ll be able to connect all of your smart devices, including phones and speakers without interference or lag issues.
You’ll love how easy it is to move around your home and use in each room as needed; just plug in wherever you need an extra boost in WiFi signal. If you’re worried about losing signal when moving from room-to-room or having a dead spot in one room of your house, this TP-Link extender will solve those problems quickly!
What we liked:
– This extender has a powerful external antenna that can reach across a large area and give you the best coverage possible
– You can easily place it in different locations throughout your home to maximize coverage
– You’ll love how easy it is to set up, and how quickly your WiFi will be boosted and ready for use with this powerful device
7. TP-Link Powerline WiFi Extender
TP-Link’s latest Powerline AV adapters are some of the most powerful yet affordable options available today. Featuring the same reliable, stable performance as more expensive models, TP-Link’s Powerline AV adapters provide a difference in speed that is noticeable. Compatible with both wired and wireless networking, these adapters give you Smart Plug-like functionality through a wired network connection. Once installed, just push a button on your smartphone to turn every electrical device in your home on or off at once.
TP Link’s newest Powerline AV adapter comes with two Ethernet ports for wired connectivity and one USB 2.0 port for sharing files from flash drives and printers directly to your computer without any additional cables. The adapter also features an IEEE 802.3af/at standard that allows you to supercharge your wireless network by up to 300Mbps (by using either an Ethernet cable directly into the adapter or an external antenna). With this ability, you can easily connect multiple devices throughout your house so that you can use one Wi-Fi router for all devices throughout the house simultaneously.
What we liked:
– This is the first Powerline adapter that utilizes 100% of the power in the electrical line without any loss
– This adapter features much faster speeds than similar adapters, giving you a wireless network that operates at 10 times the speed of your current one
– The setup process is very easy and quick and will take only a few minutes to install
– There are two Ethernet ports, one with an RJ45 connector and one with an RJ45/coax connector, allowing you to connect wired devices throughout your home
8. TP-Link AX1500 WiFi Extender Internet Booster
If you’re looking for a WiFi Extender that can easily resolve your connection issues and also doesn’t cost too much, then look no further as TP-Link AC750 is the just right option for you. It is one of the most affordable WiFi extenders out there and has all the necessary features you would need in your Wireless Networks.
This WiFi Range Extender from TP-Link comes with an access point mode feature which can turn any wired network into a wireless one. This way, it helps eliminate any dead zones from your house with its high-speed WiFi connections of up to 750 Mbps on dual bands; 2.4GHz and 5GHz. It also comes with some amazing built-in features like AP Mode and WPS button which helps improve its overall speed even more!
What we liked:
– It is one of the most affordable wireless extenders out there
– This WiFi booster is compatible with any wireless router
– The WPS button and AP Mode together makes it really easy to boost your connection at home
– It is easy to install and setup, even for non technical persons.
9. TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System(Deco M3)
TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System(Deco M3) is one of the best WiFi extenders that you can buy. What do you get when you choose this model? You’ll gain speeds of up to 1,200Mbps and a range of 4,500 sq.ft.
This Wi-Fi system has a three-pack so it’s easy to cover all the areas in your home and even your office! This is the perfect solution for those who need stable internet connection everywhere they go in their house or building without having to worry about dead spots at specific places. The router connects directly with your modem while other units act as nodes which ensure seamless coverage across devices by using OneMesh technology.
The TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System(Deco M3) is also compatible with Alexa: just say “Alexa, turn on guest Wi Fi” or “Alexa, find my iPhone”! This gives us extra convenience because there are times when we forget where our mobile devices are hidden in case they need charging up again after long usage periods like busy workdays at work before heading home late into evening hours like 12am midnight etc…
What we liked:
– This WiFi mesh system has up to three units and a mesh router which all work together to provide you with seamless, reliable connection
– It’s easy to install thanks to its intuitive app
– This WiFi extender is compatible with Alexa, giving you the ability to use voice commands to turn on your extender and find mobile devices.
10. Tp-Link Ac2600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender
TP-Link’s RE650 comes with a lot of the same features as our top pick. It has two adjustable antennas and two fixed external antennas. The RE650 supports MU-MIMO, which allows it to target multiple devices at the same time, giving each device more bandwidth rather than waiting for each device to take its turn. The three gigabit Ethernet ports allow you to connect wired devices to your network, including game consoles, TVs and other streaming devices.
The TP-Link RE650 can extend your Wi-Fi up to 14,000 square feet, so it should work for homes of all sizes. This range extender is compatible with all Wi-Fi routers or access points, and it works with Amazon Alexa devices.
What we liked:
– This range extender offers two bands, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
– It can extend your Wi-Fi up to 14,000 square feet
– The RE650 is compatible with Amazon Alexa.
Do I Need To Keep The Extender Plugged Into An Ethernet Connection At All Times?
No. The Ethernet cable can be used only while setting up the extender, but is not required once everything has been configured. It will then switch over to using wireless to connect to your network.
Which Is The Best Way To Connect A Wifi Extender?
Wi-Fi Extenders are designed for easy placement and setup almost anywhere in your home, giving you the ability to pick the best location for optimal performance. Once you find the ideal spot, simply plug it into any outlet and experience seamless connectivity throughout your home or office!
Can I Use My Tp-Link Extender As A Wifi Hotspot For Other Devices?
No. The extender just works as a repeating station, not a wireless router. You cannot connect devices to it via Ethernet cable or use its SSID to access Internet.
In this article, I do a review of the top 10 best TP-Link wifi extender and explains why they are the best wifi extender. The main reason I wrote this article is that I had traveled to different websites and searched on Google to get a list of the best TP-Link wifi extenders but couldn’t find one. So I thought that if the same thing has happened to someone else then it would be really helpful if I would write about these products. This will make sure that people can easily find the best TP-Link wifi extender without wasting their valuable time searching for them through the net.