The most important thing to consider when purchasing a wireless router for your home is the size of your house. Your needs will vary depending on how many people are in your home and what they use their devices for. If you have multiple floors, or if you live with roommates, you’ll need to find a router that can handle this type of environment.
The best wifi routers for large homes are typically those that offer many points of access-most likely through wall-mounted antennas–and even dual-band connections so that more than one person can be online at once without interference from other networks nearby.
We’ve compiled the 10 best wifi routers for large homes below! Check them out now before making any decisions about which one is right for you.
- List of 10 Best Wifi Router for Large Homes Reviews
- 1. TP-Link AX5400 WiFi 6 Router
- 2. NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart Wi-Fi Router
- 3. Linksys MR8300 Mesh WiFi Router
- 4. ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000)
- 5. Speedefy AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
- 6. NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System (RBK853)
- 7. TP-Link AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
- 8. NETGEAR Nighthawk R6700 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- 9. Motorola AC2600 4×4 WiFi Smart Gigabit Router
- 10. Meshforce M3 Mesh WiFi System
- How to Choose the Best Wifi Router for Large Homes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How do I choose the right wifi router for my large home?
- 2. What are the benefits of using a wifi router for a large home?
- 3. How can I extend my wifi signal to my entire home?
- 4. What are some wifi routers designed for large homes?
- 5. How can I determine if my wifi router is causing wifi dead zones?
List of 10 Best Wifi Router for Large Homes Reviews
1. TP-Link AX5400 WiFi 6 Router
- The TP-Link AX5400 WiFi 6 Router is perfect for households that are looking for a fast, reliable, and secure internet connection. With its improved vented areas, this best wifi router for large homes helps to unleash the full power of your internet connection and keep you cool at the same time. The USB 3.0 port also enables easy media sharing and private cloud storage.
- With TP-Link HomeShield – the premium security service – you can be sure that your home network is safe from the latest threats. Free features include Network Security Scan, Basic Parental Controls, QoS, Weekly/Monthly Reports, and IoT Device Identification. For more robust protection, consider upgrading to HomeShield Pro for 5.99/Month. Works with all
- This router features Gigabit WiFi, which allows you to stream 8K content and browse the web at lightning speeds. Additionally, the TP-Link AX5400 supports MU-MIMO and OFDMA technologies, which reduce congestion and ensure that you always have a stable connection.
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart Wi-Fi Router
- NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart Wi-Fi Router provides fast Wi-Fi performance, covering up to 3500 square feet with AC4000 speed (Tri-band up to 750 + 1625 + 1625 Mbps). It is recommended for up to 55 devices and comes with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports. The advanced technology loaded in this router includes a dual-core 1.8GHz processor, 6 amplified antennas, Beamforming, MU-MIMO, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- The best wifi router for large homes features USB connections, which allow you to share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create personal cloud storage to access from anywhere. The router also includes Netgear Armor Powered By BitDefender, the world’s leading cybersecurity software, which protects all your home devices from viruses, malware, and data theft. The Nighthawk X6S Smart Wi-Fi Router is safe and secure, supporting the WPA2 wireless security protocol.
3. Linksys MR8300 Mesh WiFi Router
- The Linksys MR8300 Mesh WiFi Router is designed to deliver the fastest combined Wi-Fi speeds to all your devices. Tri-band Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2.2 Gbps (5 GHz / 400 Mbps) plus (5 GHz / 867 Mbps) plus (2.4 GHz / 867 Mbps) provide plenty of bandwidth for intensive activities like streaming and gaming, while seamless integration with the Velop Mesh Wi-Fi system allows for extended coverage throughout your home. When used with a mesh Wi-Fi system, the router serves as a master node for even faster performance.
- It provides up to 2,000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage and can support up to 20plus wireless devices. Additionally, it works with your existing modem and can be set up easily through the Linksys App. Whether you’re streaming 4K HD content, gaming, or just browsing the web, you’ll enjoy high quality without any buffering.
4. ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000)
- The ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000) is the next generation of WiFi technology, providing faster speeds and smoother performance. With OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, this best wifi router for large homes can handle multiple devices at once, making it perfect for busy homes with a lot of devices connected to the network. Plus, with its ultra-fast Wi-Fi speed of 3000 Mbps – 575Mbps on the 2. 4GHz band, and 2402GHz on the 5GHz band – you’ll be able to stream videos, download files, and game online with ease.
- With AiMesh technology, you can easily create a stronger mesh WiFi system with other ASUS AiMesh compatible routers, ensuring seamless and stable coverage throughout your home. Plus, commercial-grade network security keeps your family’s devices safe from online threats, and advanced parental controls let you manage your children’s internet usage however you see fit. And thanks to mobile app support, you can control and customize every feature of your router using the ASUS Router App for iOS and Android devices.
5. Speedefy AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
- The Speedefy AC2100 Smart WiFi Router is the perfect solution for those who demand the very best in wireless performance. With its dual-core CPU and cutting-edge antennas, this wifi router for large homes provides maximum signal strength and coverage no matter where you are in your home. Whether you’re streaming video, gaming online, or browsing the web, the Speedefy AC2100 Smart WiFi Router is sure to deliver a smooth, lag-free experience.
- Speedefy AC2100 Smart WiFi Router is the perfect device to keep your internet secure and your WiFi stable. It features WPA2 protocols for safeguarding your security, as well as parental control to manage your children’s internet access. Additionally, it includes an accelerator to help optimize your internet and a guest network to separate your information from others’.
6. NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System (RBK853)
- The NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System is perfect for large homes. With coverage up to 7,500 square feet and for up to 100 devices, this system can handle anything you throw at it. And with ultrafast AX6000 Gigabit speed and Wi-Fi 6 technology, you’ll never have to worry about buffering or lag time again.
- The Orbi system is compatible with any internet service provider up to 2.5Gbps, so you can be sure you’re getting the most out of your connection. Finally, the Orbi system replaces your current Wi-Fi router and connects to your existing cable modem – making setup a breeze.
- With this system, you can set up your Wi-Fi in minutes using the Orbi app, and easily manage settings, test internet speeds, and monitor data usage. 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports on both the router and satellite, you can plug in all of your devices directly for faster speeds and better performance.
- And don’t worry about security – NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender protects all of your devices from viruses, malware, and data theft. Plus, there’s a 30-day free trial to get you started. Order your NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi
7. TP-Link AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
- The TP-Link AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router is perfect for large homes that need Wi-Fi on every floor. With Rangeboost technology, this router provides far-reaching Wi-Fi signals for seamless coverage throughout your entire home. The Advanced security features keep your network and connected devices safe from threats.
- The Gigabit Wired Speeds allow you to connect multiple devices simultaneously, and Link Aggregation doubles that speed to 2 Gbps. Whether you’re using AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, or Century as your internet service provider, this router is compatible with them all.
- With 1625 Mbps on both 5 GHz bands and 750 Mbps on 2.4 GHz, this best wifi router for large homes can handle even the most bandwidth-intensive tasks with ease. The Archer A20 V3 has a powerful 1.8 GHz 64-bit CPU and three co-processors, ensuring that your home network runs smoothly even under high traffic loads.
- And with 512 MB of RAM, the Archer A20 V3 can easily accommodate multiple devices simultaneously without slowing down your connection. Thanks to MU-MIMO technology, you can eliminate buffering for a smooth, uninterrupted streaming experience.
8. NETGEAR Nighthawk R6700 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk R6700 Smart Wi-Fi Router is a powerful device that’s perfect for homes with up to 25 connected devices. It comes loaded with advanced features like a 1GHz dual-core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more.
- The four Gigabit Ethernet ports make it easy to connect wired devices like game consoles and streaming players. The one USB 3.0 port lets you share files or a printer with any connected device, or create personal cloud storage to access from anywhere.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk routers deliver the ultimate combination of speed and security, making it easy for you to get the most out of your home Wi-Fi network. With NETGEAR Armor, your router comes with comprehensive online security that protects all of your devices from the latest Internet threats. And with Guest Wi-Fi access, you can give guests their own secure connection without giving them access to your entire network.
9. Motorola AC2600 4×4 WiFi Smart Gigabit Router
- The Motorola AC2600 4×4 WiFi Smart Gigabit Router is perfect for households that have a lot of devices that need Wi-Fi. This router delivers high speeds and an extended range, so you can connect all of your devices without experiencing any lag or buffering.
- The AC2600 router is smart enough to keep up with your busiest days, ensuring that you never lose connection. Whether you’re watching Netflix, gaming online, or just browsing the web, the Motorola AC2600 4×4 WiFi Smart Gigabit Router has got you covered.
- With four external adjustable antennas and 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology, this router can provide blazing fast WiFi speeds and an extended range for all of your devices. Additionally, the wifi router for large homes features a USB 3.0 port with DLNA media sharing support, a Dual-Core processor, Smart QoS (Quality of Service) support, user-friendly firewall, IPv4, and IPv6 support, parental controls, and guest networking capabilities to keep everyone connected and safe.
10. Meshforce M3 Mesh WiFi System
- Meshforce M3 Mesh WiFi System is the latest and greatest in mesh networking technology. By creating a mesh network, this system can effectively cover up to 4,000 sq. ft. of your home with strong, stable WiFi. With up to 60 devices able to connect simultaneously, this system is perfect for any connected household. Plus, the easy-to-use app makes configuration a breeze. Don’t be without Meshforce M3 Mesh WiFi System – order yours today!
- The Meshforce M3 Mesh WiFi System provides seamless roaming throughout your house with a single network name and password. Dual-Band connections are perfect for lag-free HD video streaming and gaming, while the reliable signal through walls without loss means you’ll never have to worry about losing your connection again.
- The WPA/WPA2 Mixed security level password encryption guarantees your network and connected devices are safe, and the welcome guest network in an isolated WiFi zone is perfect for visitors. With the Mymesh app, you can manage your connections and guest network at home or remotely, anytime and anyplace.
How to Choose the Best Wifi Router for Large Homes
When it comes to choosing the best wifi router for large homes, there are a few key factors you need to take into account:
Budget is always a consideration when it comes to technology purchases, and when it comes to wifi routers, you get what you pay for. That doesn’t mean you have to break the bank, but if you’re looking for a high-end router that can handle a large home with multiple devices connected, you’ll likely need to spend a little more than if you were just looking for something basic.
The size of your home is another important consideration when choosing a wifi router. If you live in a small apartment, a basic router will likely do the job just fine. But if you have a large house, you’ll want something that has more range and can handle multiple devices.
There are a number of wi-fi protocols, such as 802.11ac, 802.11n, and so on. You probably won’t need to worry too much about this one unless you really know your stuff about wireless networking technology, but if you do it’s generally a good idea to go with the newest standard (right now that would be 802.11ac).
Wired vs Wireless Routers
If you’re looking into wifi routers for large homes then it goes without saying that all of them will connect wirelessly; however, there are some out there which also have wired connections as well as wireless (and those tend to be better for larger homes).
Most routers will include several ethernet ports, but some only have one or two; if you need more than that, make sure the router you’re considering purchasing has enough. An alternative to buying a new wifi router for large homes is to invest in an access point (also called an extender), which will plug into your existing network and broadcast over wireless signals.
A basic wifi router with 300 Mbps speed might be perfect for small apartments or houses where there are few people using it at once, but when it comes to large homes with multiple devices connected, you’ll want something faster – like N600, N750, or AC speeds. Not all routers come at different speeds so if this is important to you, make sure to check the specs before purchasing.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I choose the right wifi router for my large home?
When choosing a wifi router for a large home, you’ll want to consider the size of your home, the number of devices you plan to connect, and your budget.
If your home is larger than 2,000 square feet, you’ll need a wifi router with a more powerful signal. If you have a lot of devices that need wifi access, you’ll also want to look for a router with multiple antennas and high-powered amplifiers. And if money is no object, consider investing in a mesh wifi system, which can provide better coverage throughout your entire home.
2. What are the benefits of using a wifi router for a large home?
Wifi routers can provide a number of benefits for large homes, including:
- improved coverage and signal strength
- faster download speeds
- the ability to connect multiple devices simultaneously
- greater security and privacy protection.
So if you’re looking for a better wifi experience in your large home, consider investing in a good wifi router. You’ll be glad you did!
3. How can I extend my wifi signal to my entire home?
There are a few ways to do this. You can purchase a wifi extender, which will amplify the signal and help it reach further into your home. You can also try repositioning your wifi router to a more central location in your home, or using a wifi router specifically designed for large homes.
4. What are some wifi routers designed for large homes?
Some wifi routers that are designed for large homes include the Google WiFi Router, the Netgear Orbi Home Wifi System, and the Linksys Velop Tri-Band Mesh Wifi Router. These routers offer multiple wifi antennas and higher performance than traditional wifi routers, and they can cover a larger area with wifi.
5. How can I determine if my wifi router is causing wifi dead zones?
To determine this, you need to know the layout of your home and which rooms are having wifi or connection issues. You can use wifi or internet coverage maps like the one provided by OpenSignal (https://opensignal.com/networks), place wifi routers throughout your home in various locations until you find the optimum location for your wifi router, and then relocate it there. This should help eliminate any wifi dead zones that may exist in your home.
When it comes to choosing the best wifi router for large homes, there are quite a few things you need to consider. Not only does your home size play an important role in determining which type of wireless internet access is right for you, but also what other devices and gadgets will be connecting as well.
Fortunately, we’ve compiled all the information you need below so that making this decision becomes much easier! Whether you have a single or multi-story house, no matter how big or small, these routers should work perfectly for your needs.