The latest release from Motorola in the line of cable modem router combos is the Motorola MG8702. As with most other new releases, the MG8702 is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem. It also features a built-in AC3200 WiFi Router. With that said, it does not feature the newest WiFi 6 (802.11AX) standard. Don’t get me wrong, wireless AC is still pretty sufficient, I’m just unsure why they built it that way. It will, however, handle download speeds up to 6 Gbps.
Motorola MG8702 Quick Specs
|Top Speed||1 Gbps|
|DOCSIS Version||3.0 / 3.1|
|Where To Buy||AMAZON ad|
- HIGH-SPEED PERFORMANCE: DOCSIS 3.1 with 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0 fallback support, providing 32 downstream channels for nominal speeds over 3,200 Mbps. 8 upstream channels for speeds up to 246 Mbps.
- Comcast XFINITY 1 Gig Approved Modem
- FULL-RANGE OF CONNECTION OPTIONS: Built-in AC3200 4×4 wireless gigabit router with 4 Ethernet ports for further-reaching, faster Internet speeds on all your devices. Does not include a telephone jack or voice call support.
- NETWORK MANAGEMENT – The MotoManage app is the fastest and easiest way to optimize your network right from your phone, offering customizable features for security, device monitoring, parental controls, and more.
- POWER BOOST TECHNOLOGY: Amplifies the wireless signal to the legal limit in the U.S, providing the fastest and most robust connections for your router to distribute across multiple devices simultaneously via MU-MIMO.
- ASIN: B08DL4QB25
- MPN: MG8702
- UPC: 0855631006613
- $269.99 08/29/21
- 4.8 / 5 Based On 29 Ratings
For very high actual speeds, the Motorola MG8702 is a great choice. DOCSIS 3.1 is the fastest cable modem standard, supporting Internet speeds of many gigabits per second. Actual speeds
depend on your cable modem service and the speed of your devices’ connection to this cable modem. Even if you don’t have DOCSIS 3.1 service now, you can benefit from the 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0 capability that’s also built into this cable modem. This is the fastest DOCSIS 3.0 capability available.