The Motorola MG7540 features 16 x 4 channel bonding and has a built-in AC1600 WiFi router. This cable modem also has a firewall and the Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. This is important because modems with the Intel Puma 6 chipset have caused problems for many. AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies allows for wireless devices to operate on two different frequencies
|Motorola MG7540 Quick View Specs|
|Top Speed||300 Mbps|
|WiFi Pairing Button||Yes|
Where To Buy:
- AC1600 Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 3 internal dual-band antennas
- Wi-Fi works with IEEE 802.11 n, ac, g, and b devices including smartphones, computers, HDTVs, and game stations
- AnyBeam implicit beamforming at 5 GHz focuses the signal on wireless clients to allow better performance and range
- Comes with a unique wireless security password for fast, easy setup (User can change the password easily.)
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) LAN ports for optional connection to computers, HDTVs, tablets, game stations, and other Ethernet-capable devices
- Includes Configuration Manager with context-sensitive help
- Advanced firewall for added security
- Built-in Parental Control capability
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 for powerful, flexible network addressing
- Provides high-speed shared Internet for up to 253 wireless and Ethernet devices
Motorola Product Info
- 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem
- 16 downstream channels for speeds up to 686 Mbps
- 4 upstream channels for speeds up to 123 Mbps
- * Actual downstream and upstream speeds depend on a number of factors including the speed of your cable service.
- Downloads 16 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0
- Full-Band Capture digital tuner for even higher speeds and a faster, more reliable Internet
- Works with DOCSIS 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 services
- On-board direct connection to a built-in Wi-Fi gigabit router
- Motorola MB7621 Product Details & ReviewThe Motorola MB7621 is the #4 best-selling cable modem on Amazon as of September 2021. With the MB7621 you can… Save $120 or more a year on your cable bill At $78, it pays for itself in 8 months Connect to the Internet with a 600 Mbps, or lower, speed tier Replace your leased Cox,… Read More »Motorola MB7621 Product Details & Review
- XFINITY Flex – Comcast 4K Streaming BoxThe XFINITY Flex is a streaming device offered to Comcast customers who subscribe to XFINITY Internet service. It is similar to a Roku or Amazon Fire TV streaming device. However, it is bigger than most other devices that can do the same thing.
- What Is DOCSIS 4.0?Soon, and it probably won’t be long now, DOCSIS 4.0 will be rolling out. Comcast and other ISPs have already begun testing DOCSIS 4.0 advancements. It may seem crazy especially since DOCSIS 3.1, meant to deliver 10 Gbps, is still yet to gain a wider user base. But the time will come and it will sneak up on us, perhaps overnight.
- ASUS CM16 DOCSIS 3.0 16×4 Cable ModemThe ASUS CM16 is a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with 16×4 channel bonding. This means that this modem is for speed tiers up to 300 Mbps.
- Nest Cable Modems & Google WiFi Routersrouter system, you will still need a modem. A cable modem is what receives the internet signal and the router (Google Nest in this case) is what sends the signal to multiple devices.