The NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V XFINITY Voice cable modem was made only for Comcast customers. The CM1150V provides for speeds up to 2 Gbps, making it future-proof for many years to come. Also, it is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0. Furthermore, the Netgear CM1150V can support 2 separate phone lines and many calling features like Caller ID and Call waiting. The perfect modem for XFINITY Double & Triple Play package deals.
NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V Specs & Features
- The Ethernet LAN ports on this modem are for future port bonding abilities. The CM1150V does not have any routing capabilities.
- Certified by Comcast for Xfinity. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH, and non-Xfinity voice services.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model CM1150V replaces your cable modem saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for Xfinity plans up to 2 Gigabits speed.
- WORKS WITH ANY WiFi ROUTER: Connect any WiFi router to this modem’s ethernet port to support all your wireless devices. Best when used with a WiFi-6 Router.
Now Viewing: NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V Available On Amazon
CM1150V Manuals and Guides
Installation Of Your New NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V
During the installation of the NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V, connect your router or computer only to LAN port 1 on the cable modem. A plug covers LAN ports 2, 3, and 4 because they are only for Ethernet port aggregation. After installation, you can remove this plug to connect a router that supports Ethernet port aggregation. For more information, refer to the CM1150V user manual.
- Turn off and disconnect existing modems and routers. If you are replacing a modem that is currently connected to your home,
unplug the modem and plug the new cable modem into the same outlet.
- Use a coaxial cable to connect the cable port on the cable modem to a cable wall outlet. Make sure that the cable is tightly connected. We recommend that you connect your cable modem directly to a cable wall outlet. If you must share the connection, use a 3.5dB (1 to 2) splitter. Find It On Amazon
- If you have Xfinity Voice, connect your phone to the Tel 1 port on the cable modem with the phone cable. If you subscribed to two phone lines, connect the other phone to the Tel 2 port. Note: The Tel 2 port only works for a two-phone line subscription.
- Connect the power adapter to the CM1150V and plug the power adapter into a power outlet. The cable modem might reset multiple times when it is powered on.
Wait For All Lights To Turn Green
- Wait for the Online LED to light solid green. This process might take up to 10 minutes. When the cable modem comes
online, the Online LED stops blinking and lights solid green. After 10 minutes, if the Online LED doesn’t light solid, make sure that the cable outlet is working, or call your Internet service provider (ISP) to make sure you have service.
Note: When the Online LED lights solid, your cable modem is not connected to the Internet yet. You must connect a router or computer to your CM1150V, and then activate your cable modem with your cable Internet provider.
- Connect a router to your cable modem.
a. Connect LAN port 1 on the cable modem to the WAN or Internet port on
b. Power on the router.
c. Connect your computer or mobile device to the router.
If your Internet speed is greater than 1 Gigabit and your router supports Ethernet link aggregation, refer to the CM1150V User Manual for instructions on setting up link aggregation.
- Collect this information about your Internet service and the cable modem:
• Your Xfinity account number and the personal information associated with
your Xfinity account (you need one of the following):
- Mobile phone number
- Xfinity user name and password
7.Collect the following information from the cable modem label:
- Model number, which is NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V
- Serial number
- MAC address
- MTA MAC address
8. Activate your Internet service:
a. Close all web browsers.
b. Launch a web browser.
You are redirected to the Xfinity self-activation page. If you are not redirected to the Xfinity self-activation page, visit xfinity.com/activate.
c. Provide your Xfinity credentials and complete the self-activation process. This process might take up to 10 minutes, during which the cable modem reboots twice. If you’re unable to activate your Xfinity Internet service using the self-activation page, call Xfinity customer service at
1-800-XFINITY / 1-800-934-6489