The latest release from Motorola in the line of cable modem router combos is the Motorola MG8702. As with most other new releases, the MG8702 is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem. It also features a built-in AC3200 WiFi Router. With that said, it does not feature the newest WiFi 6 (802.11AX) standard. Don’t get me wrong, wireless AC is still pretty sufficient, I’m just unsure why they built it that way. It will, however, handle download speeds up to 6 Gbps.
Motorola MG8702 Quick Specs
Where To Buy
- HIGH-SPEED PERFORMANCE: DOCSIS 3.1 with 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0 fallback support, providing 32 downstream channels for nominal speeds over 3,200 Mbps. 8 upstream channels for speeds up to 246 Mbps.
- Comcast XFINITY 1 Gig Approved Modem
- COX Gigablast Approved Modem
- FULL-RANGE OF CONNECTION OPTIONS: Built-in AC3200 4×4 wireless gigabit router with 4 Ethernet ports for further-reaching, faster Internet speeds on all your devices. Does not include a telephone jack or voice call support.
- NETWORK MANAGEMENT – The MotoManage app is the fastest and easiest way to optimize your network right from your phone, offering customizable features for security, device monitoring, parental controls, and more.
- POWER BOOST TECHNOLOGY: Amplifies the wireless signal to the legal limit in the U.S, providing the fastest and most robust connections for your router to distribute across multiple devices simultaneously via MU-MIMO.