The NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V XFINITY Voice cable modem was made only for Comcast customers. The CM1150V provides for speeds up to 2 Gbps, making it future proof for many years to come. Also, it is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0. Furthermore, the Netgear CM1150V can support 2 separate phone lines and many calling features like Caller ID and Call waiting. The perfect modem for XFINITY Double & Triple Play package deals.
NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V Specs & Features
- Certified by Comcast for Xfinity. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH, and non-Xfinity voice services.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model CM1150V replaces your cable modem saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for Xfinity plans up to 2 Gigabits speed.
- WORKS WITH ANY WiFi ROUTER: Connect any WiFi router to this modem’s ethernet port to support all your wireless devices. Best when used with a WiFi-6 Router.
Nighthawk CM1150V Approved Modems Review
Some may find this type of modem confusing. While it has 4 Ethernet ports, it doesn’t have routing capabilities. The multi Ethernet ports are for connecting 2 or more to a wireless router with link aggregation. This can double the speed of your output to the router. For most, this feature is useless at this time. However, it may be useful in the future.
If your Internet speed is greater than 1 Gigabit and your router supports Ethernet link aggregation, refer to the CM1150V User Manual for instructions on setting up link aggregation.NETGEAR CM1150V QSG
Manufacturer Description – NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V
NETGEAR® Nighthawk® Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice (CM1150V) delivers gigabit-speed cable internet and the best call clarity. This first to market DOCSIS® 3.1 cable modem with voice supports all of today’s internet service plans and designed for high-performance internet in the future. CM1150V includes two telephone ports that automatically prioritize voice over the internet for clear and uninterrupted calls.Visit NETGEAR Support to register your product, get help, access the latest downloads and user manuals.
CM1150V User Manuals and Guides
Cable Modems Similar To The NETGEAR CM1150V
- NETGEAR Nighthawk C7100V XFINITY Voice Modem ReviewNETGEAR Nighthawk C7100V Features Optional Battery Backup – Sold separately – 5 to 8 hours of phone service during a power outage. Battery for C7100V on Amazon 24 x 8 Channel Bonding 2 Telephone Jacks AC1900 WiFi Router Built-In 2 USB Ports Beamforming Technology – Reliable WiFi speeds and coverage Netgear Product Description The NETGEAR Nighthawk C7100V is…
- Motorola MT7711 XFINITY Voice WiFi Modem Review The Motorola MT7711 is the newest WiFi cable modem with voice capabilities. It is currently only approved for Comcast Voice customers. The Motorola MT7711 provides for speeds up to 650Mbps. Also, it has a built-in AC1900 WiFi router with Power Boost and AnyBeam beamforming providing a longer range than most modem and router combos….
- ARRIS SURFboard T25 XFINITY Voice Modem The ARRIS SURFboard T25 is exclusively made for XFINITY voice subscribers with any Internet tiers up to 10 Gbps. The T25 is one of the newest Comcast voice modems available to buy and is DOCSIS 3.1 ready. This modem will have to be used with a separate WiFi router. The T25 does not have…
- XFINITY XB6 xFi Advanced Gateway Modem TG3482G The following is information on the XFINITY XB6 xFi Advanced Gateway Modem. The XB6 is also referred to as either the ARRIS TG3482G (most common) or Technicolor CGM4140COM. Renting either gateway from Comcast is generally a $14 a month extra charge. You can buy your own Comcast modem and save this monthly charge. ….
- NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V XFINITY Voice Modem Review The NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V XFINITY Voice cable modem was made only for Comcast customers. The CM1150V provides for speeds up to 2 Gbps, making it future proof for many years to come. Also, it is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0. Furthermore, the Netgear CM1150V can support 2 separate phone lines and many calling features…
Installation Of Your New NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V
During the installation of the NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V, connect your router or computer only to LAN port 1 on the cable modem. A plug covers LAN ports 2, 3, and 4 because they are only for Ethernet port aggregation. After installation, you can remove this plug to connect a router that supports Ethernet port aggregation. For more information, refer to the CM1150V user manual.
- Turn off and disconnect existing modems and routers. If you are replacing a modem that is currently connected to your home,
unplug the modem and plug the new cable modem into the same outlet.
- Use a coaxial cable to connect the cable port on the cable modem to a cable wall outlet. Make sure that the cable is tightly connected. We recommend that you connect your cable modem directly to a cable wall outlet. If you must share the connection, use a 3.5dB (1 to 2) splitter. Find It On Amazon
- If you have Xfinity Voice, connect your phone to the Tel 1 port on the cable modem with the phone cable. If you subscribed to two phone lines, connect the other phone to the Tel 2 port. Note: The Tel 2 port only works for a two-phone line subscription.
- Connect the power adapter to the CM1150V and plug the power adapter into a power outlet. The cable modem might reset multiple times when it is powered on.
- Wait for the Online LED to light solid green. This process might take up to 10 minutes. When the cable modem comes
online, the Online LED stops blinking and lights solid green. After 10 minutes, if the Online LED doesn’t light solid, make sure that the cable outlet is working, or call your Internet service provider (ISP) to make sure you have service.
Note: When the Online LED lights solid, your cable modem is not connected to the Internet yet. You must connect a router or computer to your CM1150V, and then activate your cable modem with your cable Internet provider.
- Connect a router to your cable modem.
a. Connect LAN port 1 on the cable modem to the WAN or Internet port on
b. Power on the router.
c. Connect your computer or mobile device to the router.
If your Internet speed is greater than 1 Gigabit and your router supports Ethernet link aggregation, refer to the CM1150V User Manual for instructions on setting up link aggregation.
- Collect this information about your Internet service and the cable modem:
• Your Xfinity account number and the personal information associated with
your Xfinity account (you need one of the following):
- Mobile phone number
- Xfinity user name and password
7.Collect the following information from the cable modem label:
- Model number, which is NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V
- Serial number
- MAC address
- MTA MAC address
8. Activate your Internet service:
a. Close all web browsers.
b. Launch a web browser.
You are redirected to the Xfinity self-activation page. If you are not redirected to the Xfinity self-activation page, visit xfinity.com/activate.
c. Provide your Xfinity credentials and complete the self-activation process. This process might take up to 10 minutes, during which the cable modem reboots twice. If you’re unable to activate your Xfinity Internet service using the self-activation page, call Xfinity customer service at 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489).