Recently, the Motorola MB8611 was released from Zoom under the Motorola brand name. It is compatible and approved for use with Comcast XFINITY and Cox. Furthermore, this cable modem will work with Gigabit plans and lower tiers. The MB8611 has an MSRP of $169.99.
We may earn a small commission on certain links. This is how this site is made available.
Motorola MB8611 Product Review & Features
- DOCSIS 3.1 – The Motorola MB8611 is compatible with multi-gigabit speed tiers
- Backward compatibility as a 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem
- Approved by Comcast XFINITY and COX for all speeds including XFINITY Gig & Gigabit Pro & COX Gigablast
- Most Importantly, DOES NOT have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability
- Connect to any WiFi Router for shared internet across your home
- Best if used with a WiFi-6 Router, however
- A 2.5G Ethernet provides downstream just below 2,500 Mbps and upstream up to 800 Mbps (when supported by your cable service speed.)
- Active Queue Management (AQM): Reduced Internet latency for faster page loading
- Cost-saving solution: In short, owning your own modem typically saves the average home $156 per year in monthly rental charges
Motorola MB8611 Ratings / Review
Aggregate Rating : Based On 5 Ratings From Across The Web 4.9/5
(5) Ratings found on the web as this is a recent release. Good price point for a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem. However, low availability. 4.8/5
- Manufacturer: MTRLC LLC
- UPC: 0855631006644
- MPN: MB8611
- Condition: New
- Release Date: 2020-01-21
- Same As / Manufacturer Page
More Features Of The MB8611
- Firstly, the MB8611 is a super-fast DOCSIS 3.1 modem plus 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0 for very fast Internet
- 2.5 Gbps Ethernet works with even the fastest routers and personal computers. Helps to prevent throttling of Gigabit cable Internet speeds. Far superior to LAN port bonding.
- Full-band Capture Digital Tuning enhances speed and saves energy
- Works with a WiFi router, Windows or Mac computer, SmartTV / Media Player, game station, or other. Internet access for more than one device requires a router.
- Great for Netflix® and other video streaming, gaming, Facebook®, web browsing, emails, and more.
- Works with Xfinity® from Comcast and other cable modem services
- Typically saves $156 per year in Xfinity cable modem rental fees. Savings depend on your service provider.
- Vertical case saves space and enhances cooling
- High resistance to lightning and to power surges
- Future proof, including DOCSIS 3.1, DOCSIS 3.0, 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet, and more
- Fast and easy setup, with high-quality documentation
- Supported by expert, friendly techs in the USA
- 2-year warranty from a company you trust
What You Should Know About DOCSIS 3.1
- DOCSIS 3.1 is the fastest cable modem standard, supporting Internet speeds of many gigabits per second.
- Actual performance depends on your service and the devices sending data through the MB8611cable modem.
- Even if you don’t have 3.1 services now, you can benefit from the 32×8 3.0 capability that’s also built into the MB8611.
- Compatible with 3.1 and 3.0 services, the MB8611 supports Active Queue Management (AQM), which significantly reduces lag and delivers more responsive gaming, video conferencing, and more.
- For more, details about DOCSIS 3.1, please see www.motorolanetwork.com/31
What To Know About The 2.5 Gbps Ethernet LAN Port
- This very fast Ethernet LAN port helps you get maximum performance from high-performance routers. If you subscribe to a service above 1 Gbps, a LAN port of only 1 Gbps can reduce actual speeds. Some cable modems aggregate two Ethernet ports to address this problem, but a single 2.5 Gbps LAN port is far superior to LAN port aggregation.
- This cable modem also supports 1 Gbps and 100 Mbps LAN supports, as a result, it’s fast and flexible.
MB8611 Troubleshooting Modem Lights
||Green||None. The modem is powered on.|
|Off||No power. Verify power supply connections and electrical outlet. Ensure the outlet is not connected to a switch. Press the ON/OFF button.|
||Solid Blue||None. Two or more downstream channels are in use.|
|Blinking Blue||Negotiating multiple downstream bonded channels. Verify all cable connections and try resetting the modem.|
|Solid Green||None. One downstream channel is in use.|
|Blinking Green||Scanning for downstream channels. Verify all cable connections and try resetting the modem.|
||Solid Blue||None. Two or more upstream channels are in use.|
|Blinking Blue||Negotiating multiple upstream bonded channels. Verify all cable connections and try resetting the modem.|
|Solid Green||None. One upstream channel is in use.|
|Blinking Green||Ranging in progress. Verify all cable connections and try resetting the modem.|
|Off||No upstream channels are in use. Verify all cable connections and try resetting the modem.|
||Green||None. The modem is online with DOCSIS 3.0.|
|Blue||None. The modem is online with DOCSIS 3.1.|
|Blinking||None. The modem is trying to go online. Verify all cable connections.|
|Off||The modem is offline. Verify all cable connections and try resetting the modem.|
||White||None. Ethernet connected at 100BT.|
|Green||None. Ethernet link at 1GE.|
|Blue||None. Ethernet link at 2.5GE.|
|Blinking||None. Ethernet data is flowing.|
|Off||No device is connected. Verify all cable connections.|
|Rear Panel Ethernet LAN Port(s)||Blinking||None. Ethernet data is flowing.|
|Green||Connected at 2.5GE|
|Amber||Connected at 100 Mbps or 1 GE|
|Off||No device is connected. Verify all cable connections.|
MB8611 Similar Cable Modems
- Motorola MG8702 XFINITY 3.1 Modem Router Combo The latest release from Motorola in the line of cable modem router combos is the Motorola MG8702. As with most other new releases, the MG8702 is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem. It also features a built-in AC3200 WiFi Router. With that said, it will not feature the newest WiFi 6 (802.11AX) standard. Don’t get me wrong,…
- ARRIS SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Modem Details & Review From the ARRIS SURFboard lineup comes the first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem, the ARRIS SB8200. If you subscribe to Gigabit services from Cox or Comcast XFINITY, then this may be the modem you need. It’ll definitely be the last cable modem you’ll need for years to come. The ARRIS SB8200 is backward compatible with…
- ARRIS SBG8300 DOCSIS 3.1 WiFi Cable Modem The ARRIS SBG8300 is one of the latest DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems released in the SURFboard line. The SBG8300 is compatible with Comcast XFINITY, Charter Spectrum, and Cox Communications. The main difference between the SBG8300 and all the other ARRIS modems is that it is DOCSIS 3.1 compliant. The ARRIS SBG8300 can handle speeds…
- NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V XFINITY Voice Modem Review The NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V XFINITY Voice cable modem was made only for Comcast customers. The CM1150V provides for speeds up to 2 Gbps, making it future proof for many years to come. Also, it is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0. Furthermore, the Netgear CM1150V can support 2 separate phone lines and many calling features…