The ARRIS SURFboard SBG10 has been the best-selling WiFi modem for the last couple of months, Aug. & Sept. 2020. This is the best cable modem/router combo because it is cheaper than most other brands’ equivalent products. Also, It is made by the best selling cable modem brand. The SBG10 is compatible with most …
Sparklight (Cable One) Modems
The following Sparklight modems are approved for use with Sparklight residential services, formerly Cable One. Use the following guidelines when buying a modem for Sparklight.
- Must use a DOCSIS 3.0 modem only with at least 8 download channels
- Customers with voice services will need an EMTA unit noted below, purchased brand new only.
- WiFi ONE subscribers can only use a leased modem from Cable ONE / Sparklight
- Gigaone users will need a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem
- Be sure to select a modem that is capable of providing for the speeds you are subscribed to. If you are not sure of your speed or tier, please see your bill or online account for more details.
Newest DOCSIS 3.1 Sparklight Modem
Netgear CM1200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem
The Netgear CM1200 is the latest cable modem release for use with Sparklight / Cable One residential Internet services. It will surely be the last modem you will need for years. It can handle speeds up to 2000Mbps and is DOCSIS 3.1 compatible. Both of which are cheaply years away for most residential services. Better more, the CM1200 will pay for itself after you stop the rental fees charged by Sparklight.
Learn more about the Netgear CM1200 Cable Modem
Sparklight WiFi Cable Modem Router Gateway
ARRIS SBG6950AC2 Cable Modem and Wireless Router
- For Sparklight / Cable One speeds up to 300 Mbps
- Ideal for HD streaming and online gaming
- Built-in wireless AC1900
- 16 x 4 Channel Bonding
- IPv6 compatible and future proof for years
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for direct wired connections to smart TVs, desktops, and gaming consoles for better transmission.
- 1 front-panel USB port for easy network sharing of a printer or external hard drive
- View more on Amazon – ARRIS SURFboard SBG6950AC2
Sparklight Modem List
Below is a list of cable modems that are compatible with Sparklight / Cable One. Easily sort the table by clicking or touching table rows. Please note that while Sparklight has approved Wireless N modems, we do not suggest buying these and have been omitted here. Wireless AC is the latest standard and WiFi 6 (AX) is starting to roll out, making Wireless N very outdated. We have also omitted modems that have been known to cause issues, like those with the faulty Puma 6 Chipsets. Rest assured, these are the best of the best for Sparklight.
|Brand||Model #||DOCSIS 3.1||DOCSIS 3.0||Top Sparklight
Speed / Tier
|Netgear||Orbi CBR750||✔️||32 x 8||1000||AX4200|
|Netgear||Nighthawk CM2000||✔️||32 x 8||1000||❌|
|Netgear||Nighthawk CAX80||✔️||32 x 8||1000||AX6000|
|Arris||SBG7600AC2||❌||32 x 8||1000||AC2350|
|Arris||SBG8300||✔️||32 x 8||1000||AC2350|
|Netgear||CM1200||✔️||32 x 8||1000||❌|
|Arris||SBG10||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1600|
|Motorola||MB7220||❌||8 x 4||150||❌|
|Linksys||CM3016||❌||16 x 4||300||❌|
|Netgear||C6250||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1600|
|Motorola||MB7621||❌||24 x 8||600||❌|
|Arris||SBG6950AC2||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1900|
|Linksys||CG7500||❌||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|Linksys||CM3024||❌||24 x 8||600||❌|
|Netgear||C7500||❌||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|Motorola||MG7700||❌||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|Arris||SBG7400AC2||❌||24 x 8||600||AC2350|
|Arris||SB6141||❌||8 x 4||150||❌|
|Motorola||MB7420||❌||16 x 4||300||❌|
|Netgear||CM400||❌||8 x 4||150||❌|
|TP-Link||TC-7610||❌||8 x 4||150||❌|
|Zoom||5341J||❌||8 x 4||150||❌|
|Zoom||5345||❌||8 x 4||150||❌|
|Arris||SB6183||❌||16 x 4||300||❌|
|Netgear||CM500||❌||16 x 4||300||❌|
|Netgear||CM600||❌||24 x 8||600||❌|
|TP-Link||TC7620||❌||16 x 4||300||❌|
|Arris||SBG6700-AC||❌||8 x 4||150||AC1600|
|Arris||SBG6782AC||❌||8 x 4||150||AC1750|
|Arris||SBG6900-AC||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1900|
|Motorola||MG7550||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1900|
|Motorola||MG7540||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1600|
|Netgear||C6300||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1750|
|Netgear||C6900||❌||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|Netgear||C7000||❌||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|Netgear||C7000v2||❌||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|TP-Link||ARCHER CR700||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1750|
Tip: When buying a new cable modem bear in mind that used modems can be more of a hassle than it’s worth saving a few dollars. They can be tied to someone else’s account and you will not be able to get it activated on your account.
Sparklight Compatible eMTA Phone Modem
eMTA units can only be leased from Cable One or purchased new directly from a non-third party due to too many unsupported modems not meant to be resold.
Arris TG862G Residential Gateway with 2 Voice Lines
- Ideal for customers with phone and internet service packages from Cable One. For speeds up to 150Mbps.
- Modem, wired router, wireless router, and EMTA all-in-one unit
- 8×4 channel bonding ( recommended by Cable One )
- MoCA network adapter built-in
- Works with most other cable internet companies too
- Battery backup to use home phone service during a power outage
- Learn More – Arris TG862G Telephony Modem
* Sparklight, Cable One, GigaONE, and WiFi One are all registered trademarks of Cable One, Inc. We have no direct relationship with Cable One.
The ARRIS SURFboard SBG6782AC is a little different from most cable modems. What sets it apart is it’s MoCA ability. MoCA allows for a different type of wired connection via the homes’ existing coax wiring. With a MoCA adapter at the opposite end of this modem/router, you can connect to the internet via a …
The NETGEAR CM600 cable modem is ideal for Extreme Pro Internet customers. However, it is compatible with almost every cable provider. The CM600 is for speed tiers 400 – 600 Mbps. It is Cable Labs certified and with DOCSIS 3.0 is 24X faster than 2.0 devices. . NETGEAR CM600 Quick View Specs Top Speed …
The NETGEAR CM500 cable modem is ideal for XFINITY Blast and Extreme customers. However, it is compatible with almost every cable provider. The CM500 is for speed tiers mostly up to 300 Mbps. It is Cable Labs and DOCSIS 3.0 certified and is 16X faster than 2.0 devices. . NETGEAR CM500 Features CableLabs DOCSIS …
The Motorola MB7420 has built-in lightning and surge protection circuits for protection. It can support speed tiers up to 300 Mbps for most cable broadband providers. A list of compatible providers is below. You can connect the MB7420 to any wired or wireless router of your choice. It’s also perfect for HD video streaming …
The ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 is DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem released in the SURFboard line. Its 16×4 channel bonding makes it ideal for speeds up to 300 Mbps. With one Gigabit port, it can be used with one wired device such as a PC, Smart TV, Game Console, or connected to a WiFi router for whole-home …
The ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 is the best selling cable modem of all time. In short, the main reason is that it was built to work with most cable providers. Most importantly,