All of the following RCN modems and modem/router combos meet RCN Telecom’s (a.k.a Residential Communications Network) requirements. RCN cable modems must meet the following requirements to be activated by RCN.
- At least 24 Downstream Channels
- At least 8 Upstream Channels
- DOCSIS 3.0 certified
For speeds over 500 Mbps, RCN requires a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem. The four models are noted below. If you have phone service with RCN, you must use a modem provided by RCN.
Top RCN Modem – Stand-Alone (No WiFi)
- 24 X 8 Channel Bonding – 24 download & 8 upload channels provide faster speeds
- One Ethernet Port – Connect to any router
- Super Fast – For all RCN Internet tiers up to Ultimate 300
- IPv6 Compatible – Latest Internet standard
- BCM33843 Chipset – Does not use the Puma 6 chipset which causes a lot of latency issues and automatic resets
- View more about the NETGEAR CM600 Cable Modem
List of Compatible RCN Modems
Below is a list of RCN cable modems that you can buy and use with your RCN Internet service.
|Brand||MPN / Model#||Channels
Down / Up
Speed – Mbps
|WiFi Type & Speed
= No WiFi
|Arris||SBG7400AC2||24 x 8||330||AC2350|
|Linksys||CM3024||24 x 8||330|
|Arris||SBG7600AC2||24 x 8||330||AC2300|
|Netgear||C7500||24 x 8||330||AC3200|
|Motorola||MB7621||24 x 8||330|
|Netgear||CM600||24 x 8||330|
|Netgear||C7000||24 x 8||330||AC1900|
|TP-Link||CR1900||24 x 8||330||AC1900|
|Linksys||CG7500||24 x 8||330||AC1900|
|Arris||SBG7580-AC||32 x 8||330||AC1750|
Products Featured In This Video
What modems are compatible with RCN?
Can I use my own DOCSIS 3.1 modem on RCN’s network?
RCN Support Page
RCN and the RCN Logo are registered trademarks of The RCN Corporation. We have no direct relationship with RCN.
According to RCN’s restrictions, the modem are not compatible with RCN.
- TP-Link ARCHER CR500
- TP-Link ARCHER CR700
- TP-Link TC-7610
- TP-Link TC-7620
- TP-Link TC-W7960
- Ubee DDW365
- Ubee DDW366
- Zoom 5341J
- Zoom 5345
- Zoom 5350
- Zoom 5352
- Zoom 5354
- Zoom 5360
- Zoom 5363
- Zoom 5370
- Zyxel CDA-30360