Stop paying monthly lease fees for WoW! cable modems by buying one of these compatible modems. Buying your own modem is the best way to save money on your cable bill.
WideOpenWest is a telecommunications company that provides cable services to homes and businesses. They offer internet, phone, and TV bundles for families or individuals who are looking for the best deal possible.
WideOpenWest has been in business since 1993, providing quality service to their customers for over 20 years now. Their customer satisfaction rating is 97% which means you can count on them being reliable any time of day!
With so many options available these days it’s hard to know where to start when shopping around for your next provider – but don’t worry because WideOpenWest will be there every step of the way guiding you through the process. Sign up today with WideOpenWest Cable Modems!
Best WoW Compatible Cable Modems
1. ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- The ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable modem has been named Tom’s guide #1 cable Modem choice 2 years in a row and is compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity, and others!
- Not only does the SB6183 offer speeds up to 400 Mbps but it also comes with a free activation from your provider. With a built-in AC Wi-Fi router, this modem will keep you connected anywhere there’s an internet connection or access point–whether that be at home or on the go.
- The ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem is feature-packed, giving you blazing-fast data transfer rates and easy installation to improve your home network. You can get internet speeds up to 6 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 with the 16 downstream x 4 upstream DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels (1 Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to a Wi-Fi router or other device).
2. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM500
- Better WiFi for a connected home. The Netgear Cable Modem CM500 is engineered with 16×4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0 to provide you with faster speeds, making your internet experience better than ever before.
- This modem supports all of your wireless devices so every family member can get on the web at once without slowing down or blowing through their data plan. It’s easy to set up and will deliver reliable performance that lasts for years to come!
- The NETGEAR CM500 Cable Modem is a WiFi-enabled modem with two Gigabit Ethernet ports. It provides you with excellent connection speeds and deserves a place in your home or office without breaking the bank!
3. MOTOROLA MB7420 16×4 Cable Modem
- This MOTOROLA MB7420 16×4 Cable Modem provides speeds up to 686 Mbps, sixteen times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. The Full-Band Capture digital tuner ensures a faster, more reliable Internet connection. A cable modem’s Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router.
- The MOTOROLA MB7420 16×4 Cable Modem gives you the power to take control of your cable Internet service. Certified by Comcast XFINITY for speeds up to Extreme 300, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, and other leading cable service providers, this modem is perfect for anyone looking to cut the cord and ditch their monthly rental fees.
- Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps set out in a Quick Start guide. Experienced USA-based customer support specialists are available 24/7 should you need them.
4. TP-Link TC-7620 DOCSIS 3.0 (16×4) High-Speed Cable Modem
- The TP-Link TC-7620 DOCSIS 3.0 (16×4) High-Speed Cable Modem is the perfect solution to removing the monthly rental fee from your cable service contract.
- This modem can be used with a router to have WiFi in your home, and has a high-speed data rate of up to 343 Mbps for downloads and 143Mbps for uploads, making it a breeze to use whether you’re on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video.
- TP-Link TC-7620 Cable Modem is perfect for you if you are looking to make sure your internet connection has the fastest speeds possible, no matter which ISP you use.
- The TP-Link DOCSIS 3.0 modem offers speeds up to 680Mbps downstream on channels bonded together on your cable network, with faster downloads on more devices at the same time! It also comes with a two-year warranty and 24/7 technical support in case something goes wrong.
5. NETGEAR CAX80 Nighthawk Cable Modem
- NETGEAR’s CAX80 Nighthawk is a cable modem that is compatible with many major cable providers, including Xfinity, Spectrum, and Cox. It is also not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, Century Link, DSL providers, DirecTV, or DISH. This modem is built for ultimate speed and can reach speeds of up to 6Gbps.
- With Fast WiFi 6 performance (up to 3,000 sq. ft.), the CAX80 can provide wireless coverage for your entire home. The versatile connections include one 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port, four Gigabit Ethernet ports, and one USB 3.0 port.
- The NETGEAR CAX80 Nighthawk Cable Modem provides the latest modem technology with DOCSIS 3.1 and 32×8 channel bonding, allowing you to save monthly rental fees by replacing your cable modem and WiFi router.
- The NETGEAR ARMOR powered by Bitdefender provides the world’s leading cybersecurity protection for all your home devices from viruses, malware, and data theft, with a 30-day free trial. The SAFE and SECURE wireless security protocols support WPA/WPA2.
6. ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem
- With the ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem, you can get speeds of up to 1 Gbps! This modem is perfect for plans that offer speeds of up to 1 Gbps, and it even includes a 2nd IP address so you can take full advantage of all your plan has to offer.
- The SB8200 also features 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels and 2 downstream x 2 upstream OFDM DOCSIS 3.1 channels, ensuring you have all the power you need to reach those high speeds. Plus, installation is a breeze with this modem’s simple design.
- The ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem takes your home’s bandwidth to a whole new level by delivering speeds up to 1000Mbps-10x faster than standard cable and future-proofing your home for 1 gigabit-speed broadband network.
- Built with two Gigabit Ethernet ports, it not only offers lightning-fast download/upload speeds using IPv4 or IPv6 connections but also provides a greater online experience meaning video streaming won’t slow you down! Say goodbye to buffering & lag time with this dual-port powerhouse guaranteed high-performance modem!
7. Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem
- The Motorola MB8600 is the best modem for people using Gigabit Internet plans. It features DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 capabilities, which provide top Internet speeds for all cable Internet services.
- Save money by eliminating up to 168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees. The Motorola MB8600 is approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, and CableOne for all speeds including Comcast Gigabit services and Cox Gigablast.
- Whether you attach an Ethernet cable directly next door or across town, connect your HDTV for streaming content or other wired devices such as Windows/Mac computers or HDTVs for gaming stations to our 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port-you can even add networking equipment such as routers and modems up until it maxes out at 10M.
List Of WoW Modems & WiFi Cable Modems
The following is a list of WoW modems and WiFi cable modems that work with WideOpenWest Internet services. As of July 2021, WoW! no longer allows for the use of DOCSIS 3.0 4×4 or 8×4 channel bonded cable modems. As a matter of fact, a 24×8 or faster modem is recommended.
|❌ = Use with a separate WiFi Router – We recommend the ASUS RT-AX58U from Best Buy. The RT-AX58U features the latest WiFi technology, WiFi-6. WiFi-6 is the fastest and greatest available today.|
Down / Up
Speed – Mbps
Type & Speed
|ARRIS SB6183||16 x 4||200||❌|
|NETGEAR CM500||16 x 4||200||❌|
|Motorola MB7420||16 x 4||200||❌|
|TP-Link TC-7620||16 x 4||200||❌|
|NETGEAR CAX80||DOCSIS 3.1||1000||AX6000|
|NETGEAR CM600||24 x 8||600||❌|
|TP-Link TC-7650||24 x 8||600||❌|
|NETGEAR CM1000||DOCSIS 3.1||1000||❌|
|ARRIS SB8200||DOCSIS 3.1||1000||❌|
|Motorola MB8600||DOCSIS 3.1||1000||❌|
|ARRIS SBG6950AC2||16 x 4||200||AC1900|
|Motorola MG7550||16 x 4||200||AC1900|
|NETGEAR C6300||16 x 4||200||AC1750|
|Motorola MG7540||16 x 4||200||AC1600|
|TP-Link Archer CR700||16 x 4||200||AC1750|
|NETGEAR C6900||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|NETGEAR C7000||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|TP-Link CR1900||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|ARRIS SURFboard S33||DOCSIS 3.1||1000||❌|
|NETGEAR CM1200||DOCSIS 3.1||1000||❌|
|NETGEAR CM1100||DOCSIS 3.1||1000||❌|
|Motorola MG7700||DOCSIS 3.1||1000||AC1900|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG10||DOCSIS 3.0||200||AC1600|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG7400AC2||DOCSIS 3.0||500||AC2350|
|Motorola MG8702||DOCSIS 3.1||1000||AC3200|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300||DOCSIS 3.1||1000||AC2350|
|NETGEAR C7800||DOCSIS 3.1||1000||AC3200|
|NETGEAR CAX30 / CAX30S||DOCSIS 3.1||1000||AX2700|
WoW Cable Modems FAQ
There are a lot of cable modems that work with WOW. Only DOCSIS 3.0 or 3.1 modems are allowed on the WideOpenWest network. We suggest you use a modem with at least 16×4 channel bonding. View a list of modems that work with WOW here.
There is not one modem that is the best for everybody. However, we are fond of the ARRIS SB8200. The SB8200 has great positive feedback and ratings, particularly for WideOpenWest customers. Find the best cable modem for your services and internet speed here.
Depending on the service speed you select, you can expect to pay anywhere from $29.99 to $79.99 or even higher a month.
Renting or leasing a modem from WoW will cost up to $14 a month and this is a neverending fee cycle. You can buy your own modem listed here for as little as $45. Buying your own modem is really a no-brainer.
Installing and activating your new cable modem is very easy. Just follow the guides and steps below.
Avoid These Modems That Are Still Available For Sale
- DOCSIS 3.0 modems with 32×8 channel bonding due to faulty Intel Chipsets. This applies to all brands including ARRIS, NETGEAR, ASUS, and TP-Link. For your convenience, these modems have been omitted on this page.
- 4×4 bonded modems due to End-Of-Life
- 8×4 bonded modems because they are nearing End-Of-Life
- Modems with built-in Wireless N technology as it is out-of-date.
- Used modems and modems not listed here should be avoided at all costs. They can be difficult to activate once they have been used or may be tied to someone else’s account or ISP. Karen H. from Motorola did a great job explaining this to it’s customers. See the article Beware of Used and Refurbished Cable Modems and Cable Modem/Routers!
Buying a new WoW! modem (or any electronics) from an authorized reseller always ensures that you can register for the manufacturer’s warranty.
These modems are discontinued or close to End-of-Life status. Most likely, they will not work with WoW! or any other service.
- ARRIS SB6120
- ARRIS SB6121
- ARRIS SB6141
- ARRIS SB6180
- ARRIS SB6182
- ARRIS SBG6400
- ARRIS SBG6580
- ARRIS SBG6700-AC
- ARRIS SBG6782-AC
- Cisco/Linksys DPC3008
- Cisco DPC3010
- Cisco DPC3825
- D-Link DCM-301
- Linksys CM3008
- ASUS CM-16
- Linksys CM3016
- Motorola MB7420
- NETGEAR C6250
- NETGEAR C6300
- NETGEAR C6300v2
- NETGEAR CM500
- SMC D3CM1604
- Motorola MB7220
- Motorola MG7310
- Motorola MG7315
- NETGEAR C3000-100NAS
- NETGEAR C3000v2
- NETGEAR C3700-100NAS
- NETGEAR C3700v2
- NETGEAR C6220
- NETGEAR C6300BD
- NETGEAR CG3000D
- NETGEAR CG3000Dv2 N450
- NETGEAR CG4500BD
- NETGEAR CM400
- Ubee DDW365
- Ubee DDW366
Setting Up Your New WoW! Modem and Internet
Setting up your new WoW modem is fairly easy. Follow the installation guide and/or video below to get started activating your new internet. If you purchased one of the modems listed on this page, you will be connected to the internet in a matter of 10-15 minutes.
We hope you found the list of WoW compatible cable modems helpful. The following are our top picks for this year’s best models, but there may be other brands that also work with their service. If you have any questions or want to learn more about how these devices can help your home entertainment setup, reach out to us today!