If you are looking for the best wave broadband routers, then look no further. Wave Broadband offers high-speed internet with speeds up to 1 Gbps in all areas of Washington State and northern Oregon. They offer a variety of plans including home phone, business services, and even TV bundles!
View the list of Wave Broadband cable modems. The list includes DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems, 3.1 modems, and WiFi cable modems. These are the best cable modems for Wave. We don’t list modems with latency issues, bad Chipsets, or Wireless N WiFi cable modems as they are outdated. If you subscribe to voice services you need to use a modem provided by Wave.
List of 7 Best Wave Broadband Modems & Routers
1. ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- The ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem is the fast, powerful, right choice for downloading large files, streaming media & more to your computer. 8 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 and 10 million strong customers agree this is the best option for building a high-performance home network to meet all of your online needs today and tomorrow!
- This modem gives you blazing-fast download speeds so you can enjoy great entertainment at lightning speed! The cable modem has 16 downstream channels (8 QAM) with an 8 x 4 profile that provides data rates up to 343 Mbps in both upstream and downstream directions to give you amazing speeds that are always available for gaming or distributing music.
- The ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 is the perfect modem for anyone looking to upgrade their Internet service. It has 8 download channels and 4 upload channels, making it capable of speeds up to 343 Mbps download and 131 uploads. It’s also backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0 and 1. x, so it can be used with any provider. Plus, it comes with a 2-year warranty and US-based customer service.
2. Motorola MB7621 Cable Modem
- The Motorola MB7621 Cable Modem is perfect for people who want the best possible Internet experience. With speeds up to 650 Mbps, this modem is recommended for actual cable Internet service. The Full-Band Capture Digital Tuner ensures faster, more reliable connections, while the 1 Gigabit Ethernet port lets you connect to a WiFi router, computer, HDTV, game station, or streaming video device.
- Motorola’s MB7621 is a top-of-the-line cable modem that is approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, and other providers. This modem eliminates rental fees of up to 156 dollars per year. Setup is easy with the included quick start guide, and its compact design takes up minimal shelf space.
3. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM600
- NETGEAR Cable Modem CM600 is the next generation of high-speed internet download, perfect for modems that are still on slower DOCSIS 2.0 service. With 8 MB NOR flash and 128MB RAM, this modem surely has what it takes to keep pace with your demanding needs.
- Whether you want more than 200 Mbps downstream or up to 35 Mbps upstream connection speed, this WiFi cable modem will work with any major ISP around town so buy yours today!
- NETGEAR’s Cable Modem CM600 is the perfect choice for those looking to support speeds up to 300Mbps. It also offers DOCSIS 3.0 capabilities, 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0, and 1 Gigabit Ethernet port. This modem is ideal for streaming 4K UHD content, fastest downloads, and high-speed online gaming.
4. ASUS CM-32 Modem Router Combo
- Save money and get instant wifi with the ASUS CM-32 Modem Router Combo. This all-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 cable modem + AC2600 WiFi router (4×4) provides bandwidth internet access for your whole office, at a fraction of the monthly rental fees!
- It’s compatible with major providers like Comcast Xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter), and cox. Just plug it in to enjoy unbeatable coverage from a powerful dual-band wireless device that reaches speeds up to 2.6Gbps.
- The ASUS CM-32 Modem Router Combo provides a single device that combines all the functions of a modem, router, and 802.11ac wireless access point into one easy-to-set-up unit. Available in black with 2 external antennas, it supports speeds of up to 1.3 Gbps with combined Wi-Fi coverage on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands for excellent high definition video streaming and gaming performance.
- Features include 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 3 USB2 ports for connecting printers or storage devices so you can keep everything connected without experiencing any downtime during essential tasks like copying files or backing up your computer’s hard drive – even Apple Time Machine is supported!
5. D-Link DCM-301 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- The D-Link DCM-301 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem will make your cable internet work like a charm, giving you a lightning-fast speed for all the things you do online. Compatible with most major providers’ services nationwide, this is one modem that can keep up with any situation.
- Complete with an integrated service panel to simplify your life when surfing the web or chatting on the phone, this modem is sure to give you peace of mind about home services too!
- D-Link’s DCM-301 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem is a must-have for any customer who uses their own modem to connect to the Internet. Made by one of the most reputable brands in networking, this modem offers fantastic speeds and is reliable as well as compatible with major US cable providers like Comcast, Time Warner, and more.
6. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000
- NETGEAR’s Cable Modem CM1000 is perfect for individuals looking to cut down on monthly rental fees. Certified by Spectrum and Cox, this modem is capable of speeds up to 1Gbps, making it perfect for heavy internet users.
- NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 is the perfect modem for those looking to improve their internet connection. With speeds up to 1 Gigabit, this modem provides users with the power they need to support all of their devices.
- Additionally, its Ethernet port ensures that users can connect to any Wi-Fi router they please. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000: always supporting you 110%.
7. TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem
- By purchasing the TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem, you will never have to pay that monthly cable modem fee anymore and it can be gift wrapped and given as a present! This is an easy on-the-go product, rolling out of its packaging with no effort at all. They guarantee it’s certified for your specific network providers such as XFINITY from Comcast or Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision, and Bright House Networks.
- The TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem is more than just a modem too, it’s an all-powerful entity that provides you with lightning-fast internet speeds for many years to come. Feated with 8X faster download speed over the DOCSIS 2.0 standards of yesteryears ago, this little box has got some serious power in store for you!
- Compatible with IPv4 and IPv6 standards ensures your connection will be future-proof regardless of advances in technology while the RJ-45 Ethernet cable allows you to connect effortlessly through old school CAT5e cables or modern-day CAT7 cables depending on need.
Wave Broadband Cable Modems / Routers List
This is a majority of the Wave compatible modems that we know work without any issues. Top Wave supported speed means that the modem will work up to that tier and lower. Easily sort the list by clicking on header rows.
|Brand||Model / MPN||Channels
Down / Up
Speed – Mbps
Type & Speed
|Arris||SB8200||DOCSIS 3.1 / 32×8||Gig Speed|
|Netgear||CM1000||DOCSIS 3.1 / 32×8||Gig Speed|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I access Wave’s giFT Server?
The Wave giFT Server has the address “wavegift.giantsquidstudios.com” and is open to all Wave users with a Wave email account. Instructions for accessing the Wave giFT Server are here: http://www.giant-squid-studios.com/?p=1422 (You will need to be signed into your Wave account to see this link).
2. What applications work with Wave’s giFT Server?
Wave offers official support for Trillian, Gaim, XChat, Miranda IM, Pidgin (Windows/Linux), and PSI (Mac). Wave is not responsible for the support of other third-party applications. Wave provides unofficial support to many clients, including Meebo (web, Firefox), Pidgin (Mac), and PsiWin32. Wave recommends that you check the Wave forums before using any unofficial clients.
3. Do you need a modem for Wave G?
Wave Residential Internet is available only with Wave Broadband Modem options. Wave provides Wave G service to Wave Business customers without Wave modems.
4. How do I use Wave’s giFT Server?
The particulars of the server are listed here: http://www.giant-squid-studios.com/?p=1422 (You will need to be signed in to your Wave account to see this link).
5. Will my existing Trillian accounts work on Wave’s giFT Server?
Yes, all Trillian accounts should continue to work as normal through Wave’s giFT Server. You can access the Wave giFT Server as a “Trillian” IM account at [email protected] Wave supports other clients not officially supported by Wave, including Meebo (web/Firefox), PsiWin32, and PSI (Mac). Wave is not responsible for the support of these freeware clients.
6. How do I see my friend’s lists?
The Wave client provides access to Wave’s giFT Server as well as Wave accounts, but it does not currently provide access to your friend’s lists saved in Wave’s web interface or Facebook Connected contacts. You may find the unofficial Wave extension, Wave Friends, useful for providing this functionality ( http://code.google.com/p/wavefriends ).
We hope this brief and comprehensive list of Wave Broadband Modems & Routers has helped you in your search for the best modem. As we mentioned before, it is important to know what features are most important to you when shopping around so that you can find a model that meets all your needs (or at least as many as possible).