The following modems are approved Sparklight cable modems for residential services, formerly Cable One. Use the following guidelines when buying a modem for Sparklight.
- Must use a DOCSIS 3.0 modem only with at least 8 download channels
- Customers with voice services will need an EMTA unit noted below, purchased brand new only.
- WiFi ONE subscribers can only use a leased modem from Cable ONE / Sparklight
- Gigaone users will need a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem
- Be sure to select a modem that is capable of providing for the speeds you are subscribed to. If you are not sure of your speed or tier, please see your bill or online account for more details.
Newest DOCSIS 3.1 Sparklight Modem
The Netgear CM1200 is the latest cable modem release for use with Sparklight / Cable One residential Internet services. It will surely be the last modem you will need for years. It can handle speeds up to 2000 Mbps and is DOCSIS 3.1 compatible. Both of which are years away from most residential services. Better more, the CM1200 will pay for itself after you stop the rental fees charged by Sparklight.
Sparklight WiFi Cable Modem Router Gateway
- For Sparklight / Cable One speeds up to 300 Mbps
- Ideal for HD streaming and online gaming
- Built-in wireless AC1900
- 16 x 4 Channel Bonding
- IPv6 compatible and future proof for years
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for direct wired connections to smart TVs, desktops, and gaming consoles for better transmission.
- 1 front-panel USB port for easy network sharing of a printer or external hard drive
Sparklight Cable Modems List
Below is a list of Sparklight cable modems that are compatible with Sparklight as noted per tier. Please note that while Sparklight has approved Wireless N modems, we do not suggest buying these and have been omitted here. Wireless AC is the latest standard and WiFi 6 (AX) is starting to roll out, making Wireless N very outdated. We have also omitted modems that have been known to cause issues, like those with the faulty Puma 6 Chipsets. Rest assured, these are the best of the best for Sparklight.
|Rank||Model #||DOCSIS 3.1||DOCSIS 3.0||Top Sparklight
Speed / Tier
|1||ARRIS SURFboard SBG6950AC2
Available On Amazon
|16 x 4||300||AC1900|
|2||NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200||32 x 8||1000|
|3||NETGEAR Orbi CBR750||32 x 8||1000||AX4200|
|4||NETGEAR Nighthawk CM2000||32 x 8||1000|
|5||NETGEAR Nighthawk CAX80||32 x 8||1000||AX6000|
|6||ARRIS SURFboard SB8200||32×8||1000|
|7||ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300||32 x 8||1000||AC2350|
|8||Motorola MG7550||16 x 4||300||AC1900|
|9||ARRIS SURFboard SBG10||16 x 4||300||AC1600|
|10||NETGEAR CM600||24 x 8||600|
|Motorola MB7220||8 x 4||150|
|Linksys CM3016||16 x 4||300|
|NETGEAR C6250||16 x 4||300||AC1600|
|Motorola MB7621||24 x 8||600|
|Linksys CG7500||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|Linksys CM3024||24 x 8||600|
|NETGEAR C7500||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG7400AC2||24 x 8||600||AC2350|
|NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1100||32×8||1000|
|NETGEAR Nighthawk C7800||32×8||1000||AC3200|
|NETGEAR Orbi CBR40||32×8||1000||AC2200|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2||32 x 8||1000||AC2350|
|ARRIS SURFboard SB6141||8 x 4||150|
|Motorola MB7420||16 x 4||300|
|NETGEAR CM400||8 x 4||150|
|TP-Link TC-7610||8 x 4||150|
|Zoom 5341J||8 x 4||150|
|Zoom 5345||8 x 4||150|
|ARRIS SURFboard SB6183||16 x 4||300|
|NETGEAR CM500||16 x 4||300|
|TP-Link TC-7620||16 x 4||300|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG6700AC||8 x 4||150||AC1600|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG6782AC||8 x 4||150||AC1750|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG6900AC||16 x 4||300||AC1900|
|Motorola MG7540||16 x 4||300||AC1600|
|NETGEAR C6300||16 x 4||300||AC1750|
|NETGEAR C6900||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|NETGEAR C7000||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|NETGEAR C7000v2||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|TP-Link ARCHER CR700||16 x 4||300||AC1750|
Tip: When buying new Sparklight cable modems bear in mind that used modems can be more of a hassle than it’s worth saving a few dollars. They can be tied to someone else’s account and you will not be able to get it activated on your account.
* Sparklight, Cable One, GigaONE, and WiFi One are all registered trademarks of Cable One, Inc. We have no direct relationship with Cable One.
- Motorola MB7621 Product Details & ReviewThe Motorola MB7621 is the #4 best-selling cable modem on Amazon as of September 2021. With the MB7621 you can… Save $120 or more a year on your cable bill At $78, it pays for itself in 8 months Connect to the Internet with a 600 Mbps, or lower, speed tier Replace your leased Cox,… Read More »Motorola MB7621 Product Details & Review
- XFINITY Flex – Comcast 4K Streaming BoxThe XFINITY Flex is a streaming device offered to Comcast customers who subscribe to XFINITY Internet service. It is similar to a Roku or Amazon Fire TV streaming device. However, it is bigger than most other devices that can do the same thing.
- What Is DOCSIS 4.0?Soon, and it probably won’t be long now, DOCSIS 4.0 will be rolling out. Comcast and other ISPs have already begun testing DOCSIS 4.0 advancements. It may seem crazy especially since DOCSIS 3.1, meant to deliver 10 Gbps, is still yet to gain a wider user base. But the time will come and it will sneak up on us, perhaps overnight.
- ASUS CM16 DOCSIS 3.0 16×4 Cable ModemThe ASUS CM16 is a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with 16×4 channel bonding. This means that this modem is for speed tiers up to 300 Mbps.
- Nest Cable Modems & Google WiFi Routersrouter system, you will still need a modem. A cable modem is what receives the internet signal and the router (Google Nest in this case) is what sends the signal to multiple devices.