The following modems are approved Sparklight cable modems for residential services, formerly Cable One. Use the following guidelines when buying a modem for Sparklight.
- Must use a DOCSIS 3.0 modem only with at least 8 download channels
- Customers with voice services will need an EMTA unit noted below, purchased brand new only.
- WiFi ONE subscribers can only use a leased modem from Cable ONE / Sparklight
- Gigante users will need a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem
- Be sure to select a modem that is capable of providing for the speeds you are subscribed to. If you are not sure of your speed or tier, please see your bill or online account for more details.
Best Sparklight Compatible Modems & Routers
1. NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem CM1200
- NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem CM 1200 is the latest in top-of-the-line technology to give you ultra-fast internet speeds. This modem has been certified by Spectrum and Cox, with possible future certifications by other service providers. Use it in any WiFi router to support all your wireless devices in your home network today!
- The Netgear Nighthawk is the fastest cable modem available, especially when combined with features like four Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections. With 32×8 channel bonding and the use of DOCSIS 3.1, you’ll be able to enjoy download rates as fast as speeds up to 1 Gbps!
- The engineering also includes an OFDM 2×2 mode that enables faster downloads from all your WiFi devices by eliminating timing errors. The combination of this engineering excellence and a four-port Ethernet hub makes the Nighthawk a must-have for any family’s network setup.
2. ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem
- The ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem offers cable internet speeds up to 1 Gbps, perfect for streaming bandwidth-heavy HD programming and online gaming.
- This modem has bonded channels of 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3 0 which delivers outstanding performance now and into the future with an advanced OFDM channel bonding technology (DOCSIS 3 1) that can increase the number of data streams from 2 to 4 over time as consumer demand grows – WITHOUT replacing your current modem.
- Keep in mind that this modem is not compatible with ATT, Verizon, Century Link, or other DSL or Fiber internet providers; you’ll need cable internet service to make use of it. And importantly, it does not include Wi-Fi capabilities nor does it support cable digital voice service.
3. Motorola MG7550 Modem WiFi Router Combo with Power Boost
- The Motorola MG7550 Modem WiFi Router Combo with Power Boost is the perfect product for anyone who wants exceptional WiFi performance. With 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 and a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router, this modem provides security from Denial of Service attacks and exceptional WiFi performance, even in multi-dwelling units.
- The DFS and Power Boost features make sure that you get the most out of your Internet connection, while the four Gigabit Ethernet ports provide plenty of connectivity options. Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, and other leading providers, this modem is perfect for anyone looking to improve their home network.
- The Motorola MG7550 Modem WiFi Router Combo with Power Boost is the perfect solution for families and homes that use multiple devices that need to be connected to the internet like smartphones, notebooks, tablets, TV cable boxes, and more. Just plug in this modem router combo and connect all your devices wirelessly or through a wired connection created by one of four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports.
- With its high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1900 Wi-Fi speeds, this product gives you wireless performance that keeps up with the increasing speed demands of consumer electronics over time. Power boost provides increased signal strength ensuring reliable connections throughout your home or office space where ever there are electronic gadgets in need of Internet connectivity.
4. ARRIS SURFboard SBG10 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- The ARRIS SBG10 is the first DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem which provides blazing-fast speeds up to 1.4Mbps and is compatible with 5 GHz Wi-Fi for wireless connections of up to 650 Mbps. With 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, this modem offers a convenient way to hook up your entire office or home network at lightning speed!
- Setup and management have never been easier than with the SURFboard Manager app: just tap and go! Presenting our newest and most innovative product ever: you can finally stream HD video on all your devices without any interruption or buffering delays!
- The ARRIS SURFboard SBG10 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem is designed for those with cable internet service plans up to 400 Mbps. It supports 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels, letting you take full advantage of your plan’s speeds. With its sleek design and compatibility with major US Cable Internet Providers, the SBG10 is perfect for anyone looking to upgrade their current modem.
5. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM600
- Limited compatibility with some ISPs is no longer an issue because of the CM600. With its modem and WiFi router combo, this NETGEAR product is compatible with multiple reliable cable providers around the country. This 8 MB piece on NOR flash memory gives you lightning speed for all your online needs, while the 128 MB RAM provides blazing speeds to people on video chats or gaming at any given time. Everyday life just got easier!
- The NETGEAR CM600 is the perfect modem for anyone looking to get the most out of their cable internet service. Supporting download speeds up to 300Mbps, this modem is recommended for all speed tiers up to 500 Mbps.
- With its DOCSIS 3.0 capabilities, the CM600 can provide 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0 modems. Ideal for streaming 4K UHD content, fastest downloads, and high-speed online gaming, this modem is a great choice for anyone looking to get the most out of their cable internet connection.
6. Linksys (CM3016) Docsis 3.0 16×4 Cable Modem
- The Linksys (CM3016) Docsis 3.0 16×4 Cable Modem is compatible with all major cable service providers like Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, etc. It provides a reliable all-in-one connectivity solution for your home or small office network to keep you connected at lightning speeds of up to 686Mbps downstream and 123Mbps upstream with DOCSIS 3.0 just by plugging in the power! With this modem, you can still use your existing WiFi router – making installation easy.
- You want to be free from your ISP’s caps, and enjoy TV when the dish is pointed the wrong way. There you sit, in front of a screen that boasts HD, but is weighed down by Buffering. Get rid of all those problems with Linksys (CM3016) Docsis 3.0 16×4 Cable Modem!
- You won’t even notice your neighbor’s online gaming turning into screaming matches over data bandwidth; we’ve got you covered with our efficient Intel Puma chipset and up to 250Mbps downstream and upstream speeds!
7. NETGEAR C7500 Modem Router
- NETGEAR’s C7500 modem router is designed to provide the best possible internet experience for all of your connected devices. This modem router is certified by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum, so it’s guaranteed to be compatible with your cable internet service. Plus, you can save up to $168/yr on equipment rental fees! The NETGEAR C7500 is also built for fast speed, making it perfect for plans up to 400 Mbps.
- The NETGEAR C7500 Modem Router gives you the WiFi performance you need to get up to 3000 sq ft of wireless coverage and 45 devices connected. It has four Gigabit Ethernet ports and two USB ports so you can connect your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices quickly and easily.
- The modem technology is engineered with 24×8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0 so you can enjoy fast wired connections. The parental controls keep your family safe and secure while the WEP and WPA/WPA2 security protocols protect your wireless connection.
Sparklight Cable Modems List
Below is a list of Sparklight cable modems that are compatible with Sparklight as noted per tier. Please note that while Sparklight has approved Wireless N modems, we do not suggest buying these and have been omitted here. Wireless AC is the latest standard and WiFi 6 (AX) is starting to roll out, making Wireless N very outdated. We have also omitted modems that have been known to cause issues, like those with the faulty Puma 6 Chipsets. Rest assured, these are the best of the best for Sparklight.
|Rank||Model #||DOCSIS 3.1||DOCSIS 3.0||Top Sparklight|
Speed / Tier
|1||ARRIS SURFboard SBG6950AC2||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1900|
|2||NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200||✔️||32 x 8||1000||❌|
|3||NETGEAR Orbi CBR750||✔️||32 x 8||1000||AX4200|
|4||NETGEAR Nighthawk CM2000||✔️||32 x 8||1000||❌|
|5||NETGEAR Nighthawk CAX80||✔️||32 x 8||1000||AX6000|
|6||ARRIS SURFboard SB8200||✔️||32×8||1000||❌|
|7||ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300||✔️||32 x 8||1000||AC2350|
|8||Motorola MG7550||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1900|
|9||ARRIS SURFboard SBG10||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1600|
|10||NETGEAR CM600||❌||24 x 8||600||❌|
|11||Motorola MB7220||❌||8 x 4||150||❌|
|12||Linksys CM3016||❌||16 x 4||300||❌|
|13||NETGEAR C6250||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1600|
|14||Motorola MB7621||❌||24 x 8||600||❌|
|15||Linksys CG7500||❌||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|16||Linksys CM3024||❌||24 x 8||600||❌|
|17||NETGEAR C7500||❌||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|18||ARRIS SURFboard SBG7400AC2||❌||24 x 8||600||AC2350|
|20||NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1100||✔️||32×8||1000||❌|
|21||NETGEAR Nighthawk C7800||✔️||32×8||1000||AC3200|
|22||NETGEAR Orbi CBR40||❌||32×8||1000||AC2200|
|24||ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2||❌||32 x 8||1000||AC2350|
|25||ARRIS SURFboard SB6141||❌||8 x 4||150||❌|
|26||Motorola MB7420||❌||16 x 4||300||❌|
|27||NETGEAR CM400||❌||8 x 4||150||❌|
|28||TP-Link TC-7610||❌||8 x 4||150||❌|
|29||Zoom 5341J||❌||8 x 4||150||❌|
|30||Zoom 5345||❌||8 x 4||150||❌|
|31||ARRIS SURFboard SB6183||❌||16 x 4||300||❌|
|32||NETGEAR CM500||❌||16 x 4||300||❌|
|33||TP-Link TC-7620||❌||16 x 4||300||❌|
|34||ARRIS SURFboard SBG6700AC||❌||8 x 4||150||AC1600|
|35||ARRIS SURFboard SBG6782AC||❌||8 x 4||150||AC1750|
|36||ARRIS SURFboard SBG6900AC||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1900|
|37||Motorola MG7540||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1600|
|38||NETGEAR C6300||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1750|
|39||NETGEAR C6900||❌||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|40||NETGEAR C7000||❌||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|41||NETGEAR C7000v2||❌||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|42||TP-Link ARCHER CR700||❌||16 x 4||300||AC1750|
Tip: When buying new Sparklight cable modems bear in mind that used modems can be more of a hassle than it’s worth saving a few dollars. They can be tied to someone else’s account and you will not be able to get it activated on your account.
* Sparklight, Cable One, GigaONE, and WiFi One are all registered trademarks of Cable One, Inc. We have no direct relationship with Cable One.
We are pleased to announce the list of Sparklight compatible routers and modems for 2022. This year, we have partnered with Intel Corporation to develop a new line of Wi-Fi-enabled devices that deliver up to 25% more speed than any other device on the market. For those who want fast connection speeds without compromising their data security, this is your best option!