The following modems are approved Sparklight cable modems for residential services, formerly Cable One. Use the following guidelines when buying a modem for Sparklight.
- Must use a DOCSIS 3.0 modem only with at least 8 download channels
- Customers with voice services will need an EMTA unit noted below, purchased brand new only.
- WiFi ONE subscribers can only use a leased modem from Cable ONE / Sparklight
- Gigaone users will need a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem
- Be sure to select a modem that is capable of providing for the speeds you are subscribed to. If you are not sure of your speed or tier, please see your bill or online account for more details.
Newest DOCSIS 3.1 Sparklight Modem
The Netgear CM1200 is the latest cable modem release for use with Sparklight / Cable One residential Internet services. It will surely be the last modem you will need for years. It can handle speeds up to 2000 Mbps and is DOCSIS 3.1 compatible. Both of which are years away from most residential services. Better more, the CM1200 will pay for itself after you stop the rental fees charged by Sparklight.
Sparklight WiFi Cable Modem Router Gateway
- For Sparklight / Cable One speeds up to 300 Mbps
- Ideal for HD streaming and online gaming
- Built-in wireless AC1900
- 16 x 4 Channel Bonding
- IPv6 compatible and future proof for years
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for direct wired connections to smart TVs, desktops, and gaming consoles for better transmission.
- 1 front-panel USB port for easy network sharing of a printer or external hard drive
Sparklight Cable Modems List
Below is a list of Sparklight cable modems that are compatible with Sparklight as noted per tier. Please note that while Sparklight has approved Wireless N modems, we do not suggest buying these and have been omitted here. Wireless AC is the latest standard and WiFi 6 (AX) is starting to roll out, making Wireless N very outdated. We have also omitted modems that have been known to cause issues, like those with the faulty Puma 6 Chipsets. Rest assured, these are the best of the best for Sparklight.
|Rank||Model #||DOCSIS 3.1||DOCSIS 3.0||Top Sparklight
Speed / Tier
|1||ARRIS SURFboard SBG6950AC2
Available On Amazon
|16 x 4||300||AC1900|
|2||NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200||32 x 8||1000|
|3||NETGEAR Orbi CBR750||32 x 8||1000||AX4200|
|4||NETGEAR Nighthawk CM2000||32 x 8||1000|
|5||NETGEAR Nighthawk CAX80||32 x 8||1000||AX6000|
|6||ARRIS SURFboard SB8200||32×8||1000|
|7||ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300||32 x 8||1000||AC2350|
|8||Motorola MG7550||16 x 4||300||AC1900|
|9||ARRIS SURFboard SBG10||16 x 4||300||AC1600|
|10||NETGEAR CM600||24 x 8||600|
|Motorola MB7220||8 x 4||150|
|Linksys CM3016||16 x 4||300|
|NETGEAR C6250||16 x 4||300||AC1600|
|Motorola MB7621||24 x 8||600|
|Linksys CG7500||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|Linksys CM3024||24 x 8||600|
|NETGEAR C7500||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG7400AC2||24 x 8||600||AC2350|
|NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1100||32×8||1000|
|NETGEAR Nighthawk C7800||32×8||1000||AC3200|
|NETGEAR Orbi CBR40||32×8||1000||AC2200|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2||32 x 8||1000||AC2350|
|ARRIS SURFboard SB6141||8 x 4||150|
|Motorola MB7420||16 x 4||300|
|NETGEAR CM400||8 x 4||150|
|TP-Link TC-7610||8 x 4||150|
|Zoom 5341J||8 x 4||150|
|Zoom 5345||8 x 4||150|
|ARRIS SURFboard SB6183||16 x 4||300|
|NETGEAR CM500||16 x 4||300|
|TP-Link TC-7620||16 x 4||300|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG6700AC||8 x 4||150||AC1600|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG6782AC||8 x 4||150||AC1750|
|ARRIS SURFboard SBG6900AC||16 x 4||300||AC1900|
|Motorola MG7540||16 x 4||300||AC1600|
|NETGEAR C6300||16 x 4||300||AC1750|
|NETGEAR C6900||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|NETGEAR C7000||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|NETGEAR C7000v2||24 x 8||600||AC1900|
|TP-Link ARCHER CR700||16 x 4||300||AC1750|
Tip: When buying new Sparklight cable modems bear in mind that used modems can be more of a hassle than it’s worth saving a few dollars. They can be tied to someone else’s account and you will not be able to get it activated on your account.
* Sparklight, Cable One, GigaONE, and WiFi One are all registered trademarks of Cable One, Inc. We have no direct relationship with Cable One.
- ARRIS SURFboard G34 / G36 3.1 WiFi ModemSoon to be released from Commscope under the ARRIS Surfboard brand are the G34 and G36 DOCSIS 3.1 WiFi cable modems. While it is unclear, as of the time of writing, when the new modems will be released, this is what I do know. From the first glance at the ARRIS SURFboard G34 and G36,… Read More »ARRIS SURFboard G34 / G36 3.1 WiFi Modem
- NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200 3.1 ModemOne of the first multi-gig modems released, the NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200 delivers speeds up to 2 Gbps. This makes the CM1200 a future-proof modem. It is compatible with all XFINITY residential and Comcast business internet. The CM1200 also has 4 built-in gigabit ports for Multi-IP address support, not for routing. Above all, the Netgear Nighthawk… Read More »NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200 3.1 Modem
- NETGEAR CM500 DOCSIS 3.0 No WiFiThe NETGEAR CM500 cable modem is ideal for XFINITY Blast and Extreme customers. However, it is compatible with almost every cable provider. The CM500 is for speed tiers mostly up to 300 Mbps. It is Cable Labs and DOCSIS 3.0 certified and is 16X faster than 2.0 devices. Next to the ARRIS SB6141, this cable… Read More »NETGEAR CM500 DOCSIS 3.0 No WiFi
- NETGEAR CM600 Extreme Pro 600 MbpsThe NETGEAR CM600 cable modem is ideal for XFINITY Extreme Pro Internet customers. However, it is compatible with almost every cable provider. This cable modem is for speed tiers up to 600 Mbps, including Extreme Pro and Extreme. It is Cable Labs certified and with DOCSIS 3.0 is 24X faster than 2.0 devices.