All of the following are RCN compatible modems and modem router combos. RCN cable modems must meet the following requirements to be activated.
- At least 24 Downstream Channels
- At least 8 Upstream Channels
- DOCSIS 3.0 certified
For speeds over 500 Mbps, RCN requires a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem. The four models are noted below. If you have phone service with RCN, you must use a modem provided by RCN.
Top RCN Modem – Stand-Alone (No WiFi)
- 24 X 8 Channel Bonding – 24 download & 8 upload channels provide faster speeds
- One Ethernet Port – Connect to any router
- Super Fast – For all RCN Internet tiers up to Ultimate 300
- IPv6 Compatible – Latest Internet standard
- BCM33843 Chipset – Does not use the Puma 6 chipset which causes a lot of latency issues and automatic resets
- View more about the NETGEAR CM600 Cable Modem
List of Compatible RCN Modems
Below is a list of RCN cable modems that you can buy and use with your RCN Internet service.
|Brand||MPN / Model#||Channels
Down / Up
Speed – Mbps
|WiFi Type & Speed
|Arris||SBG7400AC2||24 x 8||330||AC2350|
|Linksys||CM3024||24 x 8||330|
|Arris||SBG7600AC2||24 x 8||330||AC2300|
|Netgear||C7500||24 x 8||330||AC3200|
|Motorola||MB7621||24 x 8||330|
|Netgear||CM600||24 x 8||330|
|Netgear||C7000||24 x 8||330||AC1900|
|TP-Link||CR1900||24 x 8||330||AC1900|
|Linksys||CG7500||24 x 8||330||AC1900|
|Arris||SBG7580-AC||32 x 8||330||AC1750|
Typically, any modem that has at least 24 x 8 channel bonding will work for speeds of 330 Mbps or less. For the 500 Mbps and Gig speeds, a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem is required. With that info in mind, all of the modems listed above will work with RCN.
Yes. Currently, the Arris SB8200, Netgear CM1000, Netgear CM1100, and Netgear CM1200 are compatible. However, the Motorola MB8600 and the Netgear C7800 are not approved at this time.
RCN Support Page
RCN and the RCN Logo are registered trademarks of The RCN Corporation. We have no direct relationship with RCN.
According to RCN’s restrictions, these modems are not compatible with RCN.
- TP-Link ARCHER CR500
- TP-Link ARCHER CR700
- TP-Link TC-7610
- TP-Link TC-7620
- TP-Link TC-W7960
- Ubee DDW365
- Ubee DDW366
- Zoom 5341J
- Zoom 5345
- Zoom 5350
- Zoom 5352
- Zoom 5354
- Zoom 5360
- Zoom 5363
- Zoom 5370
- Zyxel CDA-30360
- ARRIS SURFboard G34 / G36 3.1 WiFi ModemSoon to be released from Commscope under the ARRIS Surfboard brand are the G34 and G36 DOCSIS 3.1 WiFi cable modems. While it is unclear, as of the time of writing, when the new modems will be released, this… Read More »ARRIS SURFboard G34 / G36 3.1 WiFi Modem
- NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200 3.1 ModemOne of the first multi-gig modems released, the NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200 delivers speeds up to 2 Gbps. This makes the CM1200 a future-proof modem. It is compatible with all XFINITY residential and Comcast business internet. The CM1200 also has… Read More »NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200 3.1 Modem
- NETGEAR CM500 DOCSIS 3.0 No WiFiThe NETGEAR CM500 cable modem is ideal for XFINITY Blast and Extreme customers. However, it is compatible with almost every cable provider. The CM500 is for speed tiers mostly up to 300 Mbps. It is Cable Labs and DOCSIS… Read More »NETGEAR CM500 DOCSIS 3.0 No WiFi