Frontier Communications is known for their reliable Internet service. However, what many people don’t know is that Frontier also offers cable TV and home phone service. If you are a Frontier customer, or are thinking of becoming one, it’s important to know which modems are compatible with their service.
In this blog post, we will discuss the best Frontier compatible modems on the market. We will also provide tips on how to choose the right modem for your needs. So, whether you are a new Frontier customer or are just looking to upgrade your current modem, be sure to read on!
- Why Do You Need a Frontier Approved Modem?
- The 9 Best Frontier Compatible Modems
- #1 NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000
- #2 Motorola MB7621 Cable Modem
- #3 Motorola MD1600 Modem Router Combo
- #4 NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router (R7000-100NAS)
- #5 Google Nest Mesh Wifi Router
- #6 NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router (RAX120)
- #7 NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 Smart Wi-Fi Router (R8000)
- #8 Linksys EA7500 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router for Home
- #9 ARRIS SURFboard SBG10 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem & AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router
- How to Set Up Your Frontier Compatible Modem/Router
Why Do You Need a Frontier Approved Modem?
If you live in a home that has Frontier as your internet service provider, you probably already know the benefits of having high speed internet. You can download movies and games in just minutes instead of hours, and watch your favorite shows online anytime you want to.
How much do we love having Frontier high speed internet at our house? The answer is: A lot! But, if we didn’t have a good Frontier approved modem to use with our connection, we wouldn’t be able to surf websites or check social media without it continuously cutting off on us. That’s why we decided to get our own router rather than rent one from Frontier. Here are some reasons why getting your own approved modem will make an unbelievable difference when it comes to using Frontier internet in your home:
- You’ll save money in the long run. Renting a modem from Frontier can cost you around $10 each month, which really starts to add up over time. If you purchase your own approved modem, that price drops down to nothing and you’ll be able to keep it as long as you want.
- You’ll have more control over your network. When you rent a router from Frontier, you’re limited in what you can do with it. For example, you might not be able to change the settings or use your own wireless router with their system. With your own approved modem, however, you’ll be able to customize your network exactly how you want it and get the most out of your internet.
- You’ll enjoy faster speeds and better connectivity. Thanks to Frontier’s commitment to providing their customers with the best possible speeds, you won’t have a single issue when it comes to connecting or surfing the internet. In fact, quality approved modems from Frontier can give you up to 30% more speed than what you’re currently getting, which is pretty awesome!
- It’s easy to purchase a new modem for Frontier. Believe it or not, there are thousands of different kinds of approved modems that will work with your service, so all you have to do is find one that has great reviews and meets all of Frontier’s requirements!
We’ve been using our own router ever since we switched over to Frontier, and we couldn’t be happier. It’s just another reason to love having high speed internet in our home, especially now that it’s so easy to switch over! Now that you know all the benefits of using your own modem with Frontier internet service, are you ready to go out and get one?
The 9 Best Frontier Compatible Modems
#1 NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000
- The Netgear Nighthawk is a Fios-compatible speed device that’s ideal for people who want Frontier’s most dependable provider to provide them with the latest fast internet service.
- With plans ranging from 100 Mbps to 400 Mbps, this DOCSIS 3 gateway router delivers lag-free gaming experiences in every room of your house thanks to its dual band (2.4 GHz & 5 Gigahertz) technology!
- Not only does it offer excellent network stability but also features like 32 x 8 channel bonding that will ensure faster download speeds than ever before possible on today’s Internet connections.
- Its sleek design means less clutter too so whether you’re looking for something simple or sophisticated consider the Nighthawk your best bet for the ultimate modem router experience.
#2 Motorola MB7621 Cable Modem
- Just because you’re getting a lot of internet service from one provider doesn’t mean that’s enough. The Motorola MB7621 is one of the best Frontier-friendly modems and delivers a speed up to 650 Mbps plus downloads speeds of up to 1000 Kbps!
- This means there will always be plenty left over for those bandwidth hogging friends who refuse to share their Netflix account with anyone else – but don’t worry we got this covered too since it also has Full Band Capture Digital Tuner so your videos won’t lag anymore thanks in large part due its increased reliability when downloading files or streaming video online
- The Motorola MB7621 is an excellent choice for those looking to upgrade their home internet service. This Docsis 3.0 modem has a single Gigabit port for a stable connection, and it’s ideal with Mesh or Whole Home WiFi systems like Google Wifi Orbo eero!
- The 24×8 bonded channel implies that cable providers offering speeds suitable for your connection, such as Fios Compatible Ones listed above, are required – this is not phone-call capable, so don’t expect video chat functionality from your new shiny gadget sitting on top of all the other devices seamlessly blending into its surroundings.
#3 Motorola MD1600 Modem Router Combo
- The newest VDSL2/ADSL+ modem with an inbuilt AC1600 router is the Motorola MD1600. Depending on your internet package, you’ll get the greatest speeds of up to 100 Mbps! You may offer wired connections for HDTVs, gaming consoles, and computers – ensuring they get consistent high-speed service without issue thanks to its simple setup feature that’s also user-friendly. Just have it done in minutes with its easy setup feature.
- It also has four 10GbE ports, which allow multiple devices to access all of this bandwidth at the same time while still being connected via a single connection source, ensuring there will never be packet loss again because each device is assigned its own dedicated line from start to end.
- You may easily set it up via the browser or with our Smart Setup Assistant, which will walk you through the installation procedure step by step, so there won’t be any issues. The USB 2.0 port allows you to share media throughout your home network, and the 1 GHz processor maintains everything running smoothly at all times – no packet loss again!
#4 NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router (R7000-100NAS)
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router R7000 is a high performance router that can cover up to 1800 square feet with AC1900 speed and reliability. This versatile device will allow you to stream videos, play games or surf the internet without any problem while also giving your smart home devices an excellent connection all at once no matter where they are in relation to each other!
- In addition, it comes loaded full of innovative technologies such as Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS etc., making this one powerful little machine perfect for anyone who needs more than just basic WiFi connectivity but not willing to invest too much money on their costly internet service provider.
- With this router’s 1 GHz dual-core processor, QoS, and Beam, you’ll get consistent internet performance across all devices in every room of your home or business! The 600 Mbps WiFi speed allows it to connect 30 gadgets without reducing their speeds, ensuring that everyone gets what they want when they need it while staying connected wirelessly.
- It also has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections on gaming consoles, computers, and other devices. This gadget has a lot of versatility because of this – ideal if you’re searching for anything with an outlet nearby
- The Netgear Armor is a fantastic way to keep your devices safe from malware, viruses, and data theft. This Frontier approved modem supports wireless security standards (WPA2). It’s ideal for individuals who require parental controls like restricting website material with filters that allow you to see the internet history or denying access if required!
#5 Google Nest Mesh Wifi Router
- If you’re searching for a great modem to give your Frontier internet connection the boost it needs, look no farther than this Google Nest.
- This gadget is equipped with two Gigabit Ethernet ports and strives to Wi-Fi speeds up to 5GHz bandwidth, allowing for plenty of space on-site or around homes where people may stream videos without interruption! Its performance is also excellent: it’s capable of streaming 4K video at fast rates while still supporting 200 devices simultaneously (ideal if everyone in our family wants something different).
- The best part? You get coverage over distances up tp 400 sq ft thanks not only due mesh technology but also band steering which will keep your devices on the best frequency band for their location. So whether you want a modem for large or small spaces, this one is sure to do the trick!
#6 NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router (RAX120)
- If you have fiber internet, WiFi 6 Standards are the way to go. Without question, Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 RAX120 is the greatest WiFi 6 Standard router for Frontier FiOS, but it may be tough to fit on your shelf due to its large size and power-hungry design!
- Two unusual characteristics of this model that set it apart from its peers will come as no surprise – two high-powered antennas hidden within fins rather than moveable ones provide users more flexibility when placing them anywhere inside their house or workplace walls while still having strong signal strength throughout the rest of the home.
- The RAX120 is a 12-stream router, which can therefore support more than one device at the same time. Even with its Gigabit Ethernet ports and 6 Gbps of bandwidth, this high speed internet access point supports numerous devices!
- The tone should still be professional, yet it should give a general idea to those unfamiliar with beamforming or other router features available these days such as USB 3.0 capabilities and two extra external 5G port choices that are included standard on many devices nowadays owing to advances made over the years since they originally debuted when only 1gbit was accessible (or just less), which is without doubt the new standard to seek for in the future.
#7 NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 Smart Wi-Fi Router (R8000)
- The Nighthawk R8000 is the best router for people with a lot of gadgets to connect. This smart gadget has a clever Smart Connect feature that determines which Wi-Fi band is best for each connected device, ensuring seamless coverage for all your devices regardless of where they are or how powerful their transmission signal is – this means less buffering when watching videos on YouTube!
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 Smart WiFi Router is equipped with a 1GHz dual-core CPU, six amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, and more. This router can support up to 50 devices and deliver reliable streaming of videos, games, surfing the internet, and connecting smart home gadgets.
- Wired Ethernet ports allow you to connect computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby connected devices through USB. A storage drive and printer may be shared with any connected device or archived on a personal cloud storage using USB connections.
#8 Linksys EA7500 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router for Home
- The Linksys EA7500 is a Wi-Fi router with dual band technology that provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15 or more wireless devices. It’s easy to set up using the Linksys App, and it works with your current modem.
- 4K HD streaming, gaming, and other activities can all be performed in high quality without interruption on dual band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gaps (2.4 GHz/ 600 Mbps) plus (5 GHz/ 1300 Mbps).
- The MU MIMO technique ensures that multiple devices are able to access the internet simultaneously at the same speed.
#9 ARRIS SURFboard SBG10 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem & AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router
- Anyone with a high-speed internet plan should buy the Arris Surfboard SBG10 modem. This three-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 modem has 16 downstream and four upstream channels, making it suitable for plans up to 400 Mbps.
- The two GigE ports also make it ideal for sharing devices with many other people. Frontier compatibility and support from major cable providers like Spectrum, Xfinity, and Cox make the ARRIS SBG10 an excellent choice for those who want to use their existing home wiring.
How to Set Up Your Frontier Compatible Modem/Router
1. Will any router work with Frontier?
A: No. Frontier provides you with a list on their website of the correct modems to use with them, and all modems on that list are approved by Frontier.
2. What if my router is not on the list?
A: You will need to switch out your router for an approved model in order to get internet service from Frontier. It can be quite expensive ($100+) to buy a new modem, but it is ultimately necessary if you want to stay with Frontier.
3. How can I make my frontier WiFi better?
A: Frontier recommends changing your WiFi password and using a strong encryption protocol, like WPA2. You can also try to move your router closer to the center of your home to improve signal strength. If you are still experiencing problems with Frontier WiFi, you may want to consider buying a mesh network system. These systems are designed to extend WiFi coverage throughout your entire home.
When you are considering what Frontier compatible modem or router to buy, know that it is an investment. You will want to use the same equipment when you move providers so be sure about your needs before making a purchase. Frontier FiOS customers should note that they need compatible modems for their internet service provider and while there are many in the market, not all of them work with this company’s connection.
We recommend buying your modem from Frontier if possible because it sets up future savings by reducing monthly rental fees on both devices combined. Have you bought any new routers lately? What was your experience like? Share with us!