From the ARRIS SURFboard list comes the first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem, the ARRIS SB8200. If you subscribe to Gigabit services from Comcast XFINITY, then this may be the modem you need. It’ll definitely be the last cable modem you’ll need for years to come. The ARRIS SB8200 is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0 with 32×8 channel bonding. See below for the full provider compatibility list.
ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 Quick View Specs
- Comcast XFINITY & Comcast Business Compatible
- Cable Modem only, use with a separate WiFi-6 AX Router for best performance.
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 Internet browsing standards
- 32 DOWNLOAD and 8 UPLOAD Channels in DOCSIS 3.0 mode. BEST for 500 Mbps Internet plans and above! Perfect for streaming 4K HD video and virtual gaming.
- Gigabit Ethernet ports. Create 2 Home Networks, both capable of gigabit speeds. Or using port bonding a.k.a., link aggregation, one network with 2 Gbps when those speeds arrive.
ARRIS SB8200 Modem Review
ARRIS SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem
Product SKU: 1000205
ApprovedModems.com Rating: 4.7 / 5
ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 Video Review
ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem – ApprovedModems.comTweet
Submit your review
The ARRIS SB8200 is compatible with more cable providers as opposed to its Netgear Counterpart CM1100. This is truly a future-proof cable modem that will handle speeds up to 2 Gbps. However, the SB8200 is not just for Gig-speed tiers but lower speeds as well.