The NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V XFINITY Voice cable modem was made only for Comcast customers. The CM1150V provides for speeds up to 2 Gbps, making it future-proof for many years to come. Also, it is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0. Furthermore, the Netgear CM1150V can support 2 separate phone lines and many calling features like Caller ID and Call waiting. The perfect modem for XFINITY Double & Triple Play package deals.
NETGEAR CM1150V Overviews
The NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V is a DOCSIS (Data Over Cable Service Installations) 3.0 Certified cable modem that will allow you to connect your high-speed Internet service to your existing cable connection with speeds up to 6Gbps, faster than today’s standard DOCSIS 3.0 services. It also features a built-in ADSL2+ modem which provides the most reliable Internet connection for any home or office computer system.
This device is powered by an embedded UNMSMART chipset so it can support DOCSIS without the need for any additional power supply. The Nighthawk CM1150V can be connected directly into any router/gateway via its Ethernet port and still works in a Plug and Play fashion. It also comes with three Gigabit Ethernet ports that allow the Nighthawk CM1150V to simultaneously support wired speeds up to 10x faster than Fast Ethernet at 1Gbps, while still maintaining all current DOCSIS service capabilities.
NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V Specs & Features
|Top Speed||800 Mbps|
|Voice||2 Voice Lines|
|Where To Buy||Amazon ad|
- The Ethernet LAN ports on this modem are for future port bonding abilities. The CM1150V does not have any routing capabilities.
- Certified by Comcast for Xfinity. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, Century Link, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH, and non-Xfinity voice services.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model CM1150V replaces your cable modem saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for Xfinity plans up to 2 Gigabits speed.
- WORKS WITH ANY WiFi ROUTER: Connect any WiFi router to this modem’s ethernet port to support all your wireless devices. Best when used with a WiFi-6 Router.
NETGEAR CM1150V Reviews
NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V comes in a trendy and trendy design. This is robust enough to be used for many years. In addition, this can also be used by several users at home or office without any problems. It is very easy to use with a simple user interface.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V has a built-in 5GHz Wi-Fi access point that provides better stability and speed than 2.4GHz networks. The adapter is equipped with Dual-Band Smart Beamforming technology that automatically focuses wireless signals on connected devices, resulting in improved range and performance compared to other routers working on similar frequency ranges though it may have fewer channels to work with other older models equipped with less advanced technologies.
This NETGEAR Nighthawk is also more energy-efficient compared to many of the wireless routers with comparable features. It’s possible to select between three different Wi-Fi modes, including 2.4GHz only, which helps reduce interference between dual bands; 5GHz only (which can be used instead of channel bonding to boost speed); and hybrid mode that works two simultaneous networks for maximum compatibility.
The router boasts four gigabit Ethernet ports (wired LAN) and has a USB port that lets you expand your wired network by connecting any compatible storage device on the network or streaming media using attached USB flash drives or external hard drives connected to it through the port. This port also enables you to access store files on your connected devices’ FTP network.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk has high output power than most wireless routers, so it can transmit data over larger distances without losing speed. It’s also equipped with features such as Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) to avoid interference with radar, which makes the product useable in areas where other types of radio transmissions are prohibited or limited.
Thanks to its 1GHz dual-core processor, this router can handle even the heaviest network loads without any problems. The device is powered by a 12V power supply and comes with an Ethernet cable for connecting to your network.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent throughput (close to 450 Mbps in real-world testing, ~350 Mbps in benchmark testing)
- Dual-band (can connect 5 GHz capable devices like the PS4 or newer laptops to the faster Nighthawk’s superior connection speed)
- Simple setup process
- Good range (can connect around 150 feet away through walls with a laptop connected at 2.4 GHz on low interference)
- The router is smaller than expected given its more powerful hardware and antenna placement. It still takes up a lot of space, though. This may be a pro for some who want a router that doesn’t look out of place next to their entertainment center where most routers end up these days.
- The unit got very hot while I was testing, and it’s not like my house is particularly cold. Be careful if you live in an area where the temperature drops below 40 degrees (4 Celsius) for extended periods of time or near any kind of heat source; this thing could catch on fire.
- Support page says only works with Windows 7 and 8, but support chat said that they had tested it on Windows 10 and that everything worked perfectly fine, just wireless network adapter drivers might have to be installed manually from a disk if they didn’t automatically install through the update system.
NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V Manuals and Guides
Installation Of Your New NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V
During the installation of the NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V, connect your router or computer only to LAN port 1 on the cable modem. A plug covers LAN ports 2, 3, and 4 because they are only for Ethernet port aggregation. After installation, you can remove this plug to connect a router that supports Ethernet port aggregation. For more information, refer to the CM1150V user manual.
- Turn off and disconnect existing modems and routers. If you are replacing a modem that is currently connected to your home,
unplug the modem and plug the new cable modem into the same outlet.
- Use a coaxial cable to connect the cable port on the cable modem to a cable wall outlet. Make sure that the cable is tightly connected. We recommend that you connect your cable modem directly to a cable wall outlet. If you must share the connection, use a 3.5dB (1 to 2) splitter. Find It On Amazon
- If you have Xfinity Voice, connect your phone to the Tel 1 port on the cable modem with the phone cable. If you subscribed to two phone lines, connect the other phone to the Tel 2 port. Note: The Tel 2 port only works for a two-phone line subscription.
- Connect the power adapter to the CM1150V and plug the power adapter into a power outlet. The cable modem might reset multiple times when it is powered on.
In a word, the Nighthawk CM1150V modem is fantastic. It is fast, stable, and looks good too. The warranty of 3 years and support that NETGEAR provides with this product is second to none in this industry and quite frankly we didn’t find any ISP or Cable provider that would match their claim of “Where & When”. There really is no need for you to look any further when it comes to purchasing a new Cable Modem; we highly recommend the NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V !!!