The Motorola MG7540 features 16 x 4 channel bonding and has a built-in AC1600 WiFi router. This cable modem also has a firewall and the Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. This is important because modems with the Intel Puma 6 chipset have caused problems for many. AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies allows for wireless devices to operate on two different frequencies.
|Motorola MG7540 Quick View Specs|
|Top Speed||300 Mbps|
|WiFi Pairing Button||Yes|
- AC1600 Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 3 internal dual-band antennas
- Wi-Fi works with IEEE 802.11 n, ac, g, and b devices including smartphones, computers, HDTVs, and game stations
- AnyBeam implicit beamforming at 5 GHz focuses the signal on wireless clients to allow better performance and range
- Comes with a unique wireless security password for fast, easy setup (User can change the password easily.)
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) LAN ports for optional connection to computers, HDTVs, tablets, game stations, and other Ethernet-capable devices
- Includes Configuration Manager with context-sensitive help
- Advanced firewall for added security
- Built-in Parental Control capability
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 for powerful, flexible network addressing
- Provides high-speed shared Internet for up to 253 wireless and Ethernet devices
Motorola Product Info
- 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem
- 16 downstream channels for speeds up to 686 Mbps
- 4 upstream channels for speeds up to 123 Mbps
- * Actual downstream and upstream speeds depend on a number of factors including the speed of your cable service.
- Downloads 16 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0
- Full-Band Capture digital tuner for even higher speeds and a faster, more reliable Internet
- Works with DOCSIS 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 services
- On-board direct connection to a built-in Wi-Fi gigabit router
- Motorola MB7420 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ReviewsThe Motorola MB7420 has built-in lightning and surge protection circuits for protection. It can support speed tiers up to 300 Mbps for most cable broadband providers. A list of compatible providers is below. You can connect the MB7420 to any wired or wireless router of your choice. It’s also perfect for HD video streaming services and good for online gaming.
- ARRIS SBG8300 DOCSIS 3.1 Modem ReviewsWith the ARRIS SBG8300 you can replace your existing rental modem and save $12 or more a month. It nearly pays for itself within a year. The SBG8300 has a built-in WiFi router that operates at 2350 Mbps with a wired connection. Wireless transmissions depend on the number of devices operating. The distance between the modem and device also matter to your wireless speed.
- ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem ReviewsFrom the ARRIS SURFboard list comes the first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem, the ARRIS SB8200. If you subscribe to Gigabit services from Comcast XFINITY, then this may be the modem you need. It’ll definitely be the last cable modem you’ll need for years to come. The ARRIS SB8200 is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0 with 32×8 channel bonding. See below for the full provider compatibility list.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200 Cable Modem ReviewsOne of the first multi-gig modems released, the NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200 delivers speeds up to 2 Gbps. This makes the CM1200 a future-proof modem.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk C7100V XFINITY Voice Modem ReviewsThe Netgear Nighthawk C7100V XFINITY gateway features a built-in AC1900 WiFi router. The C7100V is only compatible with XFINITY. However, it is capable of speed tiers up to 600 Mbps.