The Motorola MB7420 has built-in lightning and surge protection circuits for protection. It can support speed tiers up to 300 Mbps for most cable broadband providers. A list of compatible providers is below. You can connect the MB7420 to any wired or wireless router of your choice. It’s also perfect for HD video streaming services and good for online gaming. Additional features include…
- 16×4 Channel Bonding
- DOCSIS 3.0 and backward compatible to 2.0
- Cable Labs certified
- 2-year warranty
- Available in black or white case
MB7420 Product Specifications and Features
|Top Speed||300 Mbps|
|Channel Bonding||16 x 4|
The Motorola MB7420 has a collective web rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 1562 ratings.
The Motorola MB7420 has received many good reviews and ratings across the web. With its 16×4 channel bonding, you can’t go wrong with this modem if you subscribe to speeds under 300 Mbps.
Motorola MB7420 Cable Modem Reviews
The Motorola MB7420 is 6.1 x 4.9 x 2.2 inches in size. It’s smaller than most modems on the market today. When installed, it is vertically oriented. This makes installation quick and easy. Its large build ensures sturdiness and prevents it from toppling over readily. The wide base of this big modem will make mounting straightforward on a wall very simple.
The Motorola MB7420 modem’s unusual appearance is the most remarkable feature. The majority of modems have the same location for the ON/OFF buttons, indicator lights, and ports: on the front and back panels. When this rectangular modem is put together, 5 indicator LED lights are revealed on a thin panel that slides into position as the front panel. Because there is only a single LED light strip visible, it is smaller in size.
The side walls have perforations and a mesh-like appearance. This helps to minimize heat damage by keeping the device’s temperature steady. A coaxial port and a LAN port are located on the back panel, allowing for gigabit ethernet connections. You may connect devices such as your smart TV, gaming consoles, laptop, desktop computer, and router to this location.
- Compatibility: It’s critical to ensure that the modem is compatible with your network. You’ll waste time, money, and effort if it doesn’t work with your network. The MB7420 works with all major cable companies in the United States. It may also be used with routers produced by different manufacturers.
- Technology: Although DOCSIS 3.1 is the most recent modem technology, most modems still use the older one. Despite having a DOCSIS 3.0 modem, this device offers exceptional performance.
- Speed: This modem provides a download speed of 686 Mbps in ideal conditions. The manufacturer recommends that we restrict our download speeds to 300 Mbps because not everyone has the same internet connection. You may still receive the entire bandwidth if you subscribe for monthly packages with speeds up to 300Mbps.
- Performance: We’re concerned about the modem’s chipset, which can manage busy days without slowing down. There are a variety of ways to control heat, in addition to improved circuit layout. The device will last longer and have a better connection speed because it is cooler.
Ease of use
The Motorola MB7420 is a great option since it has an easy-to-use user interface and performed well in our tests. The vast majority of modems are simple to use. However, the Motorola MB7420 offers a few extra features that make it somewhat more user-friendly. The back panel is color-coded to prevent wire crossings, with each port labeled clearly.
A coaxial connection, power input, and Gigabit ethernet are among the ports available. On the rear of the device, you’ll find buttons for resetting it and turning it on or off. These may come in handy at times. A third of the modem tested had a power button (excluding basic modems).
Because the MB7420 is so light, the Ethernet and coaxial ports are located at the bottom of its rear panel. This placement keeps it from being too heavy and easy to knock over. To avoid overheating, the modem must be positioned vertically and with adequate space around its ventilated sides panels. A few components are included in the package to make installation easier. For convenience, a yellow Ethernet cable, a tiny wrench to tighten the coaxial connection, and a cord strap are included.
Motorola MB7420 Manuals & Guides
“Model MB7420 has all the features you want in a high-speed cable modem, plus Motorola extras like user-friendly setup and advanced surge and lightning protection. The MB7420 is certified by Comcast XFINITY®, Charter Spectrum®, Time Warner Cable®, Cox®, Bright House®, and other leading cable service providers, and saves up to $120 per year in cable modem rental charges. With easy installation, high speed, broad compatibility, and superb customer support, Model MB7420 is the perfect choice for a cable modem user looking for very high-speed Internet.” – Motorola Network
This is a great modem. It’s been designed with the basics in mind and yet, it has some advanced features that might be of interest to you if you want high-quality service without breaking your budget.
For example, this device allows for dynamic frequency which will help provide an uninterrupted connection even when there are many people on the same network at once.
If what we have said interests you then take a look over our Motorola MB7420 Cable Modem Review! We hope it answers all of your questions and more importantly helps make a decision easy for you!