XFINITY EBB – Government Internet Discount
As of this date, over 2.3 million households have been approved for the Emergency Broadband Benefit. This program is not just for XFINITY customers. Most major ISPs are partaking in the program. If you are interested in the current status of the EBB program, you can see more here.
Consumers were able to start signing up for the XFINITY Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) on May 12, 2021. As part of the last Economic Stimulus Bill passed, families, or other struggling Americans can qualify for up to $50 off their monthly Internet Bill. You may qualify if you participate in the programs below. However, if you have income loss through the Covid-19 Pandemic, you may also qualify. There are other qualifications as well. You can read more about the Emergency Broadband Benefit Plan qualifications on the FCC website. Be sure to share this information with your family and friends. I want to see every struggling American get as much help as needed through this crisis.
EBB Eligibility Requirements
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020. The household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
- To sum up, if you are already enrolled in any assistance programs, you will most likely be able to receive the EBB.
Locate Internet & TV services in your area. Seniors, students, and low-income families can also find cheap internet deals here as well. You or your family may qualify for Comcast’s Internet Essentials, AT&T Access, or other similar services from other Internet providers. These services usually cost only $10 / month and typically include the cost of cable modems. If your household receives SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, Housing Assistance, or if your household participates in the National School Lunch Program.
Comcast XFINITY Internet Essentials
View exclusive online deals for XFINITY Internet & TV services. While XFINITY deals are constantly changing, at the time of writing, you can get 50 Mbps Internet for only $39.99 / month for a year. You or your family may also qualify for Internet Essentials from Comcast for $9.99 / month.
XFINITY EBB – Emergency Broadband Benefit – Video Intro
XFINITY Emergency Broadband Benefit Resources:
- Apply online for faster approval
- List of ISPs offering connected devices option
- Let Comcast know you’ve been approved