Easily activate XFINITY modems by following these easy steps. Self-Activation is available online. There is no need to call Comcast. If you need a new XFINITY modem, you can find one for your needs here. See all XFINITY Cable Modems.
Locate Comcast Account Number
Find your Comcast account number and phone number associated with your account. This is located on your bill. You may need this information.
Unplug and Remove Old Equipment and Hook Up New Modem
Disconnect any old equipment. Connect a new modem or gateway to the coax, wall outlet, and PC only. If you have a router leave it out of the configuration for now. After the modem itself is activated, the router can be connected. Coax connections should be finger tight to avoid signal loss.
Get The Green Light
Wait up to 10 minutes for the online light to be green on the modem.
Enter XFINITY Set-Up Page
Open a web browser from a computer. To activate XIFNITY modems, go to the Comcast web page www.xfinity.com/activate only if it does not automatically open.
Follow Screen Prompts To Activate XFINITY Modems
Follow the onscreen prompts to begin activation. You will need your account info if you have not yet setup a username & password.
Modem May Now Reboot
The rest of the installation is pretty straight forward, following the on-screen instructions. After the modem has been set up, it may reboot. Once this occurs and the modem is back up and running, you can then connect a router. If you require further assistance, you can contact XFINITY support. Additionally, if you purchased your new modem from Amazon, it may have come with 90-days of free tech support. View your ordered items and select contact support if available. You may also call the manufacturer of the modem for support as well.
Return Old Equipment To Comcast
Sign in to your XFINITY account and select the Equipment Return page. Here, you can initiate the return process. Alternatively, you can simply just go to any UPS Store, XFINITY Customer Center, or XFINITY store. Make sure the serial numbers on your equipment match that in your Comcast account. Another option – if you kept the return label from when you received your self-install kit, you can use that to return your equipment. Either way, you can track your return status online here.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk MK63S WiFi-6 Mesh SystemComing out at the end of March 2021 is the Nighthawk MK63S. The only difference between the MK63 & MK63S is that the latter comes with a 90-day free trial of NETGEAR Armor. This is a security package that is powered by Bitdefender. Both the MK63 & MK63S are a packaged deals with One (1)…
- ASUS CMAX6000 WiFi-6 DOCSIS 3.1 ModemJust when we thought ASUS was giving up on the cable modem market, they have the CMAX6000 in production. We are still unsure when the ASUS CMAX6000 will be available for purchase, perhaps soon as it has been marketed for quite a while by ASUS. Here is what we do know though. It has already…
- Home Networking 101 – Modems and RoutersIf you are new to networking, you probably have questions regarding cable modems, WiFi routers, WiFi extenders, and more. Maybe you want to know the difference between modems and routers or want to know how to set up a smart home. Not only do we help you find the best cable modem for your ISP,…
- Nighthawk CM1150V XFINITY Voice ModemNETGEAR Nighthawk CM1150V Specs & Features Nighthawk CM1150V Reviews Please leave a review if you own the CM1150V If your Internet speed is greater than 1 Gigabit and your router supports Ethernet link aggregation, refer to the CM1150V User Manual for instructions on setting up link aggregation. NETGEAR CM1150V QSG CM1150V Manuals and Guides CM1150V…
- Motorola MT7711 XFINITY Voice WiFi Modem The Motorola MT7711 is the newest WiFi cable modem with voice capabilities. It is currently only approved for Comcast Voice customers. The Motorola MT7711 provides speeds up to 600Mbps so it is compatible with tiers up to Extreme Pro. Also, it has a built-in AC1900 WiFi router with Power Boost and AnyBeam beamforming providing…