Easily activate XFINITY modems by following these easy steps. Self-Activation is available online. There is no need to call Comcast. If you need a new XFINITY modem, you can find one for your needs here. See all XFINITY Cable Modems.
Now Viewing: Activate Comcast Modem View XFINITY Internet Deals
Locate Comcast Account Number
Find your Comcast account number and phone number associated with your account. This is located on your bill. You may need this information.
Unplug and Remove Old Equipment and Hook Up New Modem
Disconnect any old equipment. Connect a new modem or gateway to the coax, wall outlet, and PC only. If you have a router leave it out of the configuration for now. After the modem itself is activated, the router can be connected. Coax connections should be finger tight to avoid signal loss.
Get The Green Light
Wait up to 10 minutes for the online light to be green on the modem.
Enter XFINITY Set-Up Page
Open a web browser from a computer. To activate XIFNITY modems, go to the Comcast web page www.xfinity.com/activate only if it does not automatically open.
Follow Screen Prompts To Activate XFINITY Modems
Follow the onscreen prompts to begin activation. You will need your account info if you have not yet setup a username & password.
Modem May Now Reboot
The rest of the installation is pretty straight forward, following the on-screen instructions. After the modem has been set up, it may reboot. Once this occurs and the modem is back up and running, you can then connect a router. If you require further assistance, you can contact XFINITY support. Additionally, if you purchased your new modem from Amazon, it may have come with 90-days of free tech support. View your ordered items and select contact support if available. You may also call the manufacturer of the modem for support as well.
Return Old Equipment To Comcast
Sign in to your XFINITY account and select the Equipment Return page. Here, you can initiate the return process. Alternatively, you can simply just go to any UPS Store, XFINITY Customer Center, or XFINITY store. Make sure the serial numbers on your equipment match that in your Comcast account. Another option – if you kept the return label from when you received your self-install kit, you can use that to return your equipment. Either way, you can track your return status online here.
- Emergency Broadband Benefit & Low-Income InternetBeginning on May 12, 2021, consumers will be able to signup for the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). As part of the last Economic Stimulus Bill passed, families, or other struggling Americans can qualify for up to $50 off their monthly Internet Bill. You may qualify if you participate in the programs above or have income…
- Use Your Own Router With An XFINITY GatewayAnyone who has ever rented an XFINITY Gateway, a.k.a., WiFi Modem, knows all too well the problems that come along with it. Whether you are leasing the XB6 / TG3482G, or another modem provided by Comcast, it seems the WiFi is repeatably disconnecting. For me, every time I opened my Chromebook and connected to WiFi,…
- Motorola MT7711 XFINITY Voice WiFi Modem The Motorola MT7711 is the newest WiFi cable modem with voice capabilities. It is currently only approved for Comcast Voice customers. The Motorola MT7711 provides speeds up to 600Mbps so it is compatible with tiers up to Extreme Pro. Also, it has a built-in AC1900 WiFi router with Power Boost and AnyBeam beamforming providing…
- NETGEAR Nighthawk MK63S WiFi-6 Mesh SystemThe NETGEAR Nighthawk MK63S was released at the end of March 2021. The only difference between the MK63 & MK63S is that the latter comes with a 90-day free trial of NETGEAR Armor. This is a security package that is powered by Bitdefender. Both the NETGEAR MK63 & MK63S are packaged deals with One (1)…
- ASUS CMAX6000 WiFi-6 DOCSIS 3.1 ModemJust when we thought ASUS was giving up on the cable modem market, they have the CMAX6000 now available. Yes, you heard right, the ASUS CMAX6000 is finally available with an MSRP of $399.99. Here is what we know. It has already been approved by Comcast and Spectrum for use with tiers up to 1…